Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every team needs a runner. World class players like KDB and Silva don't always want to run. They look for people to run and play them in. Navas runs. Milner ran. That's why Mancini's best football came with a Nasri-Silva-Milner 3 and why Pellers best football has come with Navas in the side as well. This is basic knowledge. Navas should start every game for the simple fact that he's the only pure winger we've had since Adam Johnson (Scott Sinclair doesn't count, and I prefer Sterling as a second striker). He doesn't have to be world class to do a good job.

Posters are suggesting Navas should currently start ahead of Silva. I disagree. IMO Silva is "world class" and although he is off form since his injury, he should retain his place and let him re-establish full match fitness. I agree Navas works hard and has a good attitude, I wish the likes of Yaya would follow his example.
Silva would do well to follow his attitude as well. He's hardly a paragon of workrate.

Away team (or difficult champs league ties) should be:

----------------------Aguero--------------------
Sterling----------De Bruyne------------Navas
-----------Delph------------Fernandinho-----
---Clichy----Mangala----Otamendi----Sagna

Sit deeper and play more on the counter until we get our confidence back.
De Bruyne playing in speedsters like Sterling, Navas and Aguero on the counter will be deadly.

At home rotate to:

--------------------Aguero--------------------
Sterling------------Silva------------De Bruyne
-----------Yaya------------Fernandinho-----
Kolarov----Mangala----Otamendi----Sagna

De Bruyne playing in speedsters like Sterling, Navas and Aguero on the counter will be deadly.

At home rotate to:

I agree, away from home Silva and Yaya are both passengers that we can't afford to have in the team.

Silva would do well to follow his attitude as well. He's hardly a paragon of workrate.
Silva is usually one of the hardest workers moving intelligently off the ball, into space to allow other players to find him. He also frequently presses well in the attacking half to pressurise the opposition defence. He is still lacking full match fitness. Admitedly he does not work back in defence as much as Navas, but he does better in this respect than Yaya and Sterling.

Our side seem to have a lack of mutual trust at the moment. Silva and Aguero may start a high press but when it's only one or two it's usually ineffectual and tails off after a short time, because other players aren't closing down.

We have really missed Silva's creativity since he's been injured, but he needs intelligent running, off the ball, so he can play his defence splitting passes. Both Navas and Sterling frequently show a predictability and lack of intelligence in their play that is incredibly frustrating.

At home rotate to:

You have to realise how opposition teams set up against us. Very few teams attack us, except on the counter. They sit deep and defend in numbers. Most play like they are away, even when they are at home against us.

Every team needs a runner. World class players like KDB and Silva don't always want to run. They look for people to run and play them in. Navas runs. Milner ran. That's why Mancini's best football came with a Nasri-Silva-Milner 3 and why Pellers best football has come with Navas in the side as well. This is basic knowledge. Navas should start every game for the simple fact that he's the only pure winger we've had since Adam Johnson (Scott Sinclair doesn't count, and I prefer Sterling as a second striker). He doesn't have to be world class to do a good job.

Agree with this 100%. I am not a big Navas fan, but he does make a difference, purley down to his running. Milner in my opinion was a more all round footballer and was somebody else we needed. We have not replaced him either. The lack of team dynamic sorely shows and highlights something of a gap at the club at present.

Did anyone catch the song being sung about Navas towards the end of the game?

I half heard it, but forgotten it now. It had a line in that said 'He used to be shite, but now he's alright'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.