Player topic: Joe Hart (2014/15)

sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:
Trouble is there aren't many top class keepers available. We are better off sticking with him.
I agree.

Joe isn't world class as I think to be a world class keeper you have to be 100% consistent and have pretty much all areas of your game pretty much mastered.

Joe is a world class shot stopper but his distribution, decision making with corners, crosses and free kicks let him down.

I don't think we can underestimate his influence and leadership in the dressing room though, and that is why I think he needs to stay, mentally he is definitely someone we need around the club.

I don't like to get personal but I'm sorry some people just talk total bollocks and this fits the bill.

I can just imagine how that motivational speech goes

Hart "listen lads we all know I'm not good enough and I may cost us a few goals tonight. Try to forget that I can't kick to save my life and couldn't catch a cold but let's get out there and give them hell"

As for Mentality and influence
The only mentality he seems to bring is that he doesn't seem to care about the criticism after all he is bezzie mates with Wazza and he is England's number one.
I would also love to hear how you think a second rate Goalkeeper influences someone like Sergio Aguero

Bluekiwi said:
At least his errors today were not as embarrassing as Villa's keeper.

Thankfully the opposition have been kind to us at our place in the last 3 games. A sending off in the first few minutes and two absolute gifts for goals.

As big as he is, I find it almost incomprehensible that he is as bad as he is at corners. He seems to be far too concerned with other players and not concentrating on the only thing that he should be....the ball! Other teams clearly know this and like to put a player or two in close proximity to him simply to put him off.

The other thing of concern, which I've mentioned numerous times before, is that he should be tied to the posts with elastic, so he cannot get more than about 10 yards off his line without being pulled back this line! He seems to have more confidence than justified when it comes to leaving his line. His shot stopping (coming out and getting big without leaving a big hole between his legs) is second to none. However, goalkeeping is more than just that and, as others have mentioned, his footwork (both coming off his line and his kicking) is becoming of increasing concern. As a homegrown player and the England keeper, he is definitely not going anywhere, and he will probably save more dead cert goals than he will throw away, but he does himself a disservice when he tries to get too involved in the outfield play.

That said, it is time to start blooding the youngsters every now and then....and I don't mean Willy!

And Pellers is famous for favouriting English players lol!

At least Joe had the bottle to come and punch away the last cross after making a couple of errors. He needs to keep working in this part of the game and team need to cut out the soft free kicks we give away in dangerous areas.

Joe's kicking will improve once Bony Starts and he has a genuine target man to aim for

sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:
Trouble is there aren't many top class keepers available. We are better off sticking with him.
I agree.

Joe isn't world class as I think to be a world class keeper you have to be 100% consistent and have pretty much all areas of your game pretty much mastered.

Joe is a world class shot stopper but his distribution, decision making with corners, crosses and free kicks let him down.

I don't think we can underestimate his influence and leadership in the dressing room though, and that is why I think he needs to stay, mentally he is definitely someone we need around the club.

Spot on Sam.

It took 85 mins for Hart to boot the ball down the middle of the field, 85 fucking minutes! Still, better than not doing it game after game.

whp.blue said:
sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:
I agree.

I don't like to get personal but I'm sorry some people just talk total bollocks and this fits the bill.

I can just imagine how that motivational speech goes

Hart "listen lads we all know I'm not good enough and I may cost us a few goals tonight. Try to forget that I can't kick to save my life and couldn't catch a cold but let's get out there and give them hell"

As for Mentality and influence
The only mentality he seems to bring is that he doesn't seem to care about the criticism after all he is bezzie mates with Wazza and he is England's number one.
I would also love to hear how you think a second rate Goalkeeper influences someone like Sergio Aguero
You didn't have to prove people talk bollocks by giving your own example..

Joe is a big character, you can see that on all the city videos and even that time with England when nobody would give him the ball back. Even if you don't like it, that's what you need in there. Look at the difference in squad harmony this year since micah and joleon left, they were both massive characters always having a laugh and even though lesscot barely made an appearance it made a difference to the atmosphere amongst the team.

Will be awesome if we just get a bunch of people who can't talk the same language, bet there's great banter..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.