Player Topic: Kelechi Iheanacho (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it or not, Bony is a 20m plus player, he starts every day of the week over the kid, not because of perceived ability but, as mentioned earlier, the kid remains hungry in this position... Manuel could easily alienate bony should he make that decision, one which at present, isn't hampering the boys development...

We have this kid for the next 10/11 years should all go to plan!!!

If we go by that logic, Shay Given should've been given the nod ahead of Joe Hart for the Spurs game 5 years ago.

Iheanacho, as you said, is the future and Bony isn't. Andy Carroll is a 35 million pound player but we should be basing our decision on who starts on ability. Iheanacho is simply the better footballer and maintaining Bony's morale should be the least of our worries when I doubt he'll still be here this time next year. We've lost some very good young players like Denis Suarez by not giving them a chance and I hope Kelechi isn't going to join him. If Pep were here right now, Kelechi would be undispuited number 2 already.

If we go by that logic, Shay Given should've been given the nod ahead of Joe Hart for the Spurs game 5 years ago.

Iheanacho, as you said, is the future and Bony isn't. Andy Carroll is a 35 million pound player but we should be basing our decision on who starts on ability. Iheanacho is simply the better footballer and maintaining Bony's morale should be the least of our worries when I doubt he'll still be here this time next year. We've lost some very good young players like Denis Suarez by not giving them a chance and I hope Kelechi isn't going to join him. If Pep were here right now, Kelechi would be undispuited number 2 already.

Joe hart went out on loan for 12 months and his ability, through consistency, shone through... The same applies to kelechi, he is also a good few steps up from any kid we've ever had, nurturing him the way we are, in my opinion, is the best way forward for him currently....

Joe hart went out on loan for 12 months and his ability, through consistency, shone through... The same applies to kelechi, he is also a good few steps up from any kid we've ever had, nurturing him the way we are, in my opinion, is the best way forward for him currently....

But Kelechi's quality can't be in doubt. Whenever he's played, he's looked very good.

I wish I could share your confidence in our perceived strategy, IMO it just looks like Pellegrini doesn't want to take any risks and one of his signings to be deemed a flop so is constantly playing him even though he isn't very good.

You can't deny that Pep would absolutely play him already like how he is giving Coman at Bayern plenty of opportunities.

But Kelechi's quality can't be in doubt. Whenever he's played, he's looked very good.

I wish I could share your confidence in our perceived strategy, IMO it just looks like Pellegrini doesn't want to take any risks and one of his signings to be deemed a flop so is constantly playing him even though he isn't very good.

You can't deny that Pep would absolutely play him already like how he is giving Coman at Bayern plenty of opportunities.

We have to deal with the here and now mate, Pep may indeed be starting him and he's knocking in 30 plus a season, however, until that day, I'll back the current regime and as stated, believe in the way he's managing him...

I think you're missing my admiration for the kid, I posted 2 months into him signing that the coaches believe him to be the best in his position in Europe for his age, he oozes quality and personally see him as being world class within 2/3 years, he's that good.... Catch 22 I guess!!!

Highly highly doubt Pellegrini's bosses would agree with your suggestion of how to handle a £25 million asset that they bought. Not allowing Bony time to rediscover his form and fitness would be considered gross miss management. I fully agree with you, personally I'd love Kelechi to be playing, but that really isn't an option currently. Ifhe were getting no time, I'd agree with your point but he is actually getting time.

Out of interest if Iheanacho had a difficult 10 months with injury and form, never played more than 2 or 3 games without injury In a row, should we fuck him off? Fans have too much passion when it comes to youth, this time last year there were cries for Ambrose to be given a chance, I wouldn't pick him for the EDS at the moment.
Big calls for Brandon Barker, he can't get in at Rotherham
Playing youth isn't quite a simpl as picking the fans favourite.

With regards Bony, as I say, I'd love to see Iheanacho playing, but I can see why Pellegrini wouldn't. Fans should also bear in mind the incredible record we have in games Bony starts.

My bet, tonight, had Silva played the last month, Iheanacho would have started behind Bony, much like last round.

No arguement from me, Iheanacho is outstanding. But our squad needs to managed, moral and confidence of players is as important if not more so than short term form at this level. See Chelsea for examples of such mismanagement.

We have to deal with the here and now mate, Pep may indeed be starting him and he's knocking in 30 plus a season, however, until that day, I'll back the current regime and as stated, believe in the way he's managing him...

I think you're missing my admiration for the kid, I posted 2 months into him signing that the coaches believe him to be the best in his position in Europe for his age, he oozes quality and personally see him as being world class within 2/3 years, he's that good.... Catch 22 I guess!!!

I'm so optimistic about his potential and I'm also fearful that another side will swoop in and get him by offering him 1st team football. I hope not but I don't get this overwhelming impression that Pellegrini fully believes in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.