Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sevilla came at us which allowed us to pick them off. Villa sat in and restricted space.

Which was predictable and why it was puzzling to use the same counter attacking type set up with three central midfielders in the first place. Even more so to then not bring on a recognised striker when Bony went off injured and instead play a false nine and further contest the midfield.

In the last 2 matches Yaya hasn't really been playing an advanced role, not like how he used to. I would imagine if someone had the average position charts, Fernandinho would have been more advanced than Yaya on average. That's how I saw it. Fernando deeper than the two of them, with Fernandinho slightly higher than Yaya.
Maybe that's the problem. He (Yaya) is supposed to play as one of the three attacking midfielders behind the striker, but stays deep much too often, leaving Sterling and Debruyne isolated, which was clearly the case against United.

Sevilla came at us which allowed us to pick them off. Villa sat in and restricted space.

Is the correct answer.............Sevilla had to win that match - so they came at us......with Pellers tactics we picked them off. Different at Villa - they wanted to prove to the new manager that they could play the ball around. Villa were no way going to win so they were very happy with a point.Garde dropped the some regulars and played 5 french players who he knew from his time in France. Didn't resort to the long ball.
KdB is a wonderful player and will be good for us.

De Bruyne's all round performances have remained pretty consistent since he got here, and he carried that on against Villa.

He was constantly looking to get us on the front foot as quickly as possible and always looking for the early, incisive forward pass.

He played an absolutely incredible pass from wide on Sunday that should have lead to a goal. I don't think there's another player in Europe who would have played that pass as well as him.

He should have scored as well. Perfectly timed run, got in to a great position, he tried to flick it when he possibly could have made a simple finish for a great goal. I think he was a bit unlucky, he got the timing of his run perfect.

So on another day he could have had a goal, an assist, a 2-0 win and everybody would have been happy and pulled up his stats and said he'd had an incredible start to his City career.

Some would even suggest he was better than Silva, and a future Balon D'Or winner.

His all round game on Sunday wasn't great. He gave away possession cheaply, he often looked lethargic when we didn't have the ball and he often made defensive errors positionally.

Much the same as his all round performances since he came to the club.

It's rough with the smooth with De Bruyne. But fortunately his smooth can be so good that it's worth putting up with the rough. He's an incredible talent, capable of things no one else is. But his all round game lacks polish, and it has done since he arrived.

Because of his fantastic early record with goals and assists, people expect too much from him, they want him to win us the game every week. It's not going to happen, we have to be patient while he settles in.

Sometimes he's going to win us the game out of nowhere like Seville at home. And sometimes the balance and cohesion of the team will be better without him in it, like Seville away.

Let's just take a breath, and be a bit more realistic about him. Huge potential with the possibility of getting much better.

I hope those claiming he was our best ever player after 5 or 6 games have come down off their cloud now and have a bit more of a realistic appraisal of the lad.

De Bruyne's all round performances have remained pretty consistent since he got here, and he carried that on against Villa.

He was constantly looking to get us on the front foot as quickly as possible and always looking for the early, incisive forward pass.

He played an absolutely incredible pass from wide on Sunday that should have lead to a goal. I don't think there's another player in Europe who would have played that pass as well as him.

He should have scored as well. Perfectly timed run, got in to a great position, he tried to flick it when he possibly could have made a simple finish for a great goal. I think he was a bit unlucky, he got the timing of his run perfect.

So on another day he could have had a goal, an assist, a 2-0 win and everybody would have been happy and pulled up his stats and said he'd had an incredible start to his City career.

Some would even suggest he was better than Silva, and a future Balon D'Or winner.

His all round game on Sunday wasn't great. He gave away possession cheaply, he often looked lethargic when we didn't have the ball and he often made defensive errors positionally.

It's rough with the smooth with De Bruyne. But fortunately his smooth can be so good that it's worth putting up with the rough. He's an incredible talent, capable of things no one else is. But his all round game lacks polish, and it has done since he arrived.

Because of his fantastic early record with goals and assists, people expect too much from him, they want him to win us the game every week. It's not going to happen, we have to be patient while he settles in.

Sometimes he's going to win us the game out of nowhere like Seville at home. And sometimes the balance and cohesion of the team will be better without him in it, like Seville away.

Let's just take a breath, and be a bit more realistic about him. Huge potential with the possibility of getting much better.

I hope those claiming he was our best ever player after 5 or 6 games have come down off their cloud now and have a bit more of a realistic appraisal of the lad.
Not a patch on Jamie Pollock mate.....

He does give the ball away cheaply too often for my liking (none more costly than that equalizing "goal" at White Hart Lane). I hope the coaches have critiqued him accordingly and asked him to focus on that. He is an instinctive player and you dont want to coach him out of that, but you do need to strike a balance.

He does give the ball away cheaply too often for my liking (none more costly than that equalizing "goal" at White Hart Lane). I hope the coaches have critiqued him accordingly and asked him to focus on that. He is an instinctive player and you dont want to coach him out of that, but you do need to strike a balance.

Totally agree.

Maybe that's the problem. He (Yaya) is supposed to play as one of the three attacking midfielders behind the striker, but stays deep much too often, leaving Sterling and Debruyne isolated, which was clearly the case against United.

No he isn't, Fernandinho has been deployed in the more advanced role because of his ability to press, Yaya is being left deep for his ability to provide a conduit between attack and defence because of his passing ability.

In saying that their positions aren't set in stone as one playing further forward than the other. For example, when we got the lead against Sevilla Ferna dropped deeper into a more defensive role and Yaya went further forward into a counter attacking role.

The problem in the derby was our quartet of attacking players all played well below par, getting dispossessed easily and playing stray passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.