Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was pretty poor too, but still probably 2nd or 3rd best player, his passing wasn't great, but nobody's was.

As a team we were 0/10. But KDB was the only player for me who created anything for us. There's a much wider worry for me though. That isn't the first time we've seen a performance of such ineptitude. Not sure you can have calamities on the scale we do with the frequency we do.

Could of had 3 assists in the last 30 mins, I don't believe the others are playing to his standard or are on his wavelength, atm the ''team'' is not worthy of him.
Whilst I wouldn't go so far to say the team isn't worthy of him the overall point isn't far off. Certainly in that lat 30 minutes you mention it could be argued that only KDB and Fernandinho were our only top class players on the pitch. Sterling might be one day and I'm not including Hart, but when you look through that team the best you could argue would be the majority being good/above average, not the top tier players needed to get us back in the game.

As a team we were 0/10. But KDB was the only player for me who created anything for us. There's a much wider worry for me though. That isn't the first time we've seen a performance of such ineptitude. Not sure you can have calamities on the scale we do with the frequency we do.
Don't disagree, today we were inept as a team, and inept as individuals. We picked the wrong side for this game, but too many players gave up at 0-2, and that is inexcusable for me.

Bollocks. Was the only attacking player who showed both the bravery and technique required. Kun's forgiven due to his injury lay off.

It's not bollocks, if you think De Bruyne was up to the standard he set earlier in the season, or up to the standard set for him, then you have low expectations of the man who was the figurehead of our attack last night and was completely outshone by his opposite number.

Strange to see how divided the opinions are right now on KDB. I thought he played well, the problem was more the entire team struggling.

Lampard & Redknapp seem to agree:

This, De Bruyne needs and expects movement, yet there was none. Nobody made themselves available for him.

KDB has not looked the same player without Silva. Nava and Sterling as they showed at Sevilla are perfect for quick counter attacking football. KDB seems to play better in the slower possession football which we tend to play with Silva, but I don't think he's yet at the level to play the 10 role that Silva can do in either set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.