Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been shit for weeks but so many are afraid to say it probably because of his Brilliant first few games.
That's the problem though, he hasn't been 'shit' by any stretch. He's not been fantastic every game as some try and make out but he's certainly been above average for the most part and exceptional in one or two games.
There's definitely been enough from him to be genuinely excited for the future. He's just not going to be wonderful each and every game and we have to accept that. Calling him 'shit' is as much an overreaction as those comparing him to Silva not long ago.

The way he plays is always going to split opinions. He's so fast in moving the ball on that it causes havoc for other teams, but equally results in a lot of risky plays that lead to us losing the ball. When the team are firing it's great & makes us much harder to deal with, but when we're playing poor & the movements poor & don't have enough possession it can be detrimental.

It's not bollocks, if you think De Bruyne was up to the standard he set earlier in the season, or up to the standard set for him, then you have low expectations of the man who was the figurehead of our attack last night and was completely outshone by his opposite number.

I'll rephrase. In my opinion it's bollocks and in terms of standards, you have standards that are MUCH higher than mine. Nothing wrong with that, but it's why we often disagree quite strongly on issues like this. I don't need 9/10 every week. But I can't deal with 0/10 either.

We played better when he wasn't in the team against Sevilla .

He`s a good player .

But his forms gone down hill since the derby a month ago .

one of our better players again yesterday on a shit day

I'd like to see him playing less deep and less left more often though

Some of his passes were fantastic. There is plenty of criticism of DeBruyne & Sterling on here but they were playing in a shit team. If they had been playing against us instead Liverpool would have scored fucking ten.
This. He put in at least three crosses that if Sterling or Aguero were on their game would have tucked away easily (one Sterling should have just tapped in). He gave away the ball on a few occasions but those were more down to misunderstandings with his teammates (a player would start a run just as De Bruyne passed to them or the opposite).

Everyone was off but De Bruyne certainly put in a shift and tried to pull as through. There are several other player much more deserving of actual criticism.

We played better when he wasn't in the team against Sevilla .

He`s a good player .

But his forms gone down hill since the derby a month ago .

His form did dip but that was due to that old sod running him into the ground & playing him when he should have been rested. He was clearly struggling v the rags.

Don't undrrstand any criticism of him yesterday. Not sure who would have looked any better in that shite.

His form did dip but that was due to that old sod running him into the ground & playing him when he should have been rested. He was clearly struggling v the rags.

Don't undrrstand any criticism of him yesterday. Not sure who would have looked any better in that shite.

completely agree

I'll rephrase. In my opinion it's bollocks and in terms of standards, you have standards that are MUCH higher than mine. Nothing wrong with that, but it's why we often disagree quite strongly on issues like this. I don't need 9/10 every week. But I can't deal with 0/10 either.

he wasn't close to 9/10, I'd say he was on 5/6 form yesterday. You can expect your £50m man to deliver more, without expecting the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.