Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious to see if he has what it takes to adapt and play as Pep will want him to. Hopefully he will, but I can't say with certainty.

Honestly when I watch us play, without KDB making those risky passes, we would just be passing the ball around with nowhere to go. KDB is exactly what we need in our team. Without KDB taking those risks, yes we would retain more possession but then I'm convinced that we would score less goals and have less chances as well.

City without KDB would basically be, dare I say it, the rags. We'd end up with 0-0 scores week after week. Even in those 0-0 draws we had before, KDB didn't play well but most of the chances we had was the one that he created. We brought in KDB to create chances - score goals and give assists, not to retain 90% possession and be a glorified Michael Carrick.

You might mention that when he lost possession we pretty much got counterattacked every time. That's true, but we still got counterattacked last year even without KDB. The difference is this year when we're recovering back to cover a counter attack we look like headless chickens. Nobody seems to know where to go. At least when we got counterattacked, KDB would track back unlike Yaya that would just put his hands up to the refs asking for a foul and jogs back.

I wouldn't pay too much attention on those few games on the start of the season when talking about him. That was when we had Kompany at back, and when Silva and Aguero were still not affected by injuries. Players were fresh, it was sunny (yeah, I genuinely think we play better in warmer months), all those pundits saying shit about City's chances fired some pride in them...

Paying bit attention - yes, might be, his coming definitely did have an effect on the way we played before it but there are many more factors and injuries are the most important one, they screwed most of stuff and we barely had a full team at disposal since then and I'm not talking about Nasri, Clichy, Delph and so but Kompany, Aguero, SIlva.
This post is nearer spot on.
the team are dying on their feet,so clearly conserving energy during games and not running full pelt for fear of becoming injured again,avoiding 50;50 challenges..no one wants to be hurt and out injured again...the manager knows the score and has to handle the squad accordingly.we are after four trophies,modern football means the players are asked to play match after match,at full pelt because tv demands it..the fans dont give a shit cos its our team and we pay our money, but the players are fucked.too much football.too many injuries..the performance at everton was conservative..playing at a pace which recognized we have a second leg to handle yet...i may be wrong, and the popular posters right, but there is a reason why there is no stand out team this year.
the players are fucked.

I clearly said I didn't know and that I was asking a question. Or is that not allowed anymore in the people's fucking republic of bluemoon

If you watch his interviews or look at the pictures on City's Facebook page you'll see him laughing and joking with other players.

He didn't kick up a fuss when Wolfsburg never sold him quickly so why would he now he's got his move?

Top player who been great and not so great. Already shown enough to make me believe the chase for him was worth it.

The need to compare him with other players has to stop though - it's getting ridiculous.

Stats for KDB from the MEN - home and away. Look at the bottom two lines: he's created as many chances away as at the Etihad, they've just not been put away. Of course stats don't tell the whole story, etc etc, but I think there's a more balanced picture there somewhere than the usual one we hear: "KDB: good at home, crap away"

de-bruyne-home-and-awayPNG.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.