Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City without KDB would basically be, dare I say it, the rags. We'd end up with 0-0 scores week after week. Even in those 0-0 draws we had before, KDB didn't play well but most of the chances we had was the one that he created. We brought in KDB to create chances - score goals and give assists, not to retain 90% possession and be a glorified Michael Carrick.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. Way City's playing now, would be boring as sin without the Ginger King

It deffinatly would be faker withought or second playmaker, our defense already having a blemish lacking one key flemish.

Last edited:
It deffinatly would be faker withought or second playmaker, our defense already having a blemish lacking one key flemish.

dr-seuss-clipart-dr-seuss-round-ornament-9982-907.png

Stats for KDB from the MEN - home and away. Look at the bottom two lines: he's created as many chances away as at the Etihad, they've just not been put away. Of course stats don't tell the whole story, etc etc, but I think there's a more balanced picture there somewhere than the usual one we hear: "KDB: good at home, crap away"

de-bruyne-home-and-awayPNG.png
I knew it.

Honestly when I watch us play, without KDB making those risky passes, we would just be passing the ball around with nowhere to go. KDB is exactly what we need in our team. Without KDB taking those risks, yes we would retain more possession but then I'm convinced that we would score less goals and have less chances as well.

City without KDB would basically be, dare I say it, the rags. We'd end up with 0-0 scores week after week. Even in those 0-0 draws we had before, KDB didn't play well but most of the chances we had was the one that he created. We brought in KDB to create chances - score goals and give assists, not to retain 90% possession and be a glorified Michael Carrick.

You might mention that when he lost possession we pretty much got counterattacked every time. That's true, but we still got counterattacked last year even without KDB. The difference is this year when we're recovering back to cover a counter attack we look like headless chickens. Nobody seems to know where to go. At least when we got counterattacked, KDB would track back unlike Yaya that would just put his hands up to the refs asking for a foul and jogs back.

We did ok at the start of the season away from home with Sterling, Silva, Navas

We look slow and clueless away when we have no pace, irrespective of whether KDB plays

We did ok at the start of the season away from home with Sterling, Silva, Navas

We look slow and clueless away when we have no pace, irrespective of whether KDB plays
We did OK because we weren't playing any big teams. We won against West Brom, Everton, Chelsea, Watford. Probably only Everton is the only good win.You could also argue that it's very early in the season that other teams still haven't found their form yet. Adding that Kompany was still fit back then.

We did OK because we weren't playing any big teams. We won against West Brom, Everton, Chelsea, Watford. Probably only Everton is the only good win.You could also argue that it's very early in the season that other teams still haven't found their form yet. Adding that Kompany was still fit back then.
Yeah little ol' Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.