Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might just take him a season before we see what he's about. People forget that De Bruyne and Sterling were largely bought for the future. I think their expectations are highered because of their transfer fees unfortunately

Who cares,at the end of the season its goals and assists that matter

Nope the only thing that matters at the end of the season is that we have more points than anyone else, and in the cup's we score more than every team we play.
If he is lazy and leaves our defenders overloaded because he doesn't track back or press the players he should be and it leads to goals against us then his goals or assists don't mean anything.

Don't forget Kev in notoriously a slow starter, it took him 6 months to really get going at Wolfsburg. He set the bar so high when he came so a dip has to be expected. I'd still have him in the starting line-up, he can make something happen.

Nope the only thing that matters at the end of the season is that we have more points than anyone else, and in the cup's we score more than every team we play.
If he is lazy and leaves our defenders overloaded because he doesn't track back or press the players he should be and it leads to goals against us then his goals or assists don't mean anything.

That's just so false. Look at distance covered. He has covered the third highest amount for us this season. He covers ground and works tirelessly. Saying that, the issue is that he doesn't commit to tackle and shies away from them. He needs to improve there but his workrate is incredible.

That's just so false. Look at distance covered. He has covered the third highest amount for us this season. He covers ground and works tirelessly. Saying that, the issue is that he doesn't commit to tackle and shies away from them. He needs to improve there but his workrate is incredible.

I'm not saying he never tracks back etc just the last few games his performances have been below par in this sense, it frustrates me because we all know how good he is. And again stats don't tell you everything.

11 goals and 11 assists halfway through his first year in the Premiership for a 24 year old who doesn't always play in his favoured position and we're complaining that he doesn't tackle enough...
Zabaleta doesn't score enough. Joe Hart doesn't run cover enough ground. Once he gets used to the pace and number of games we play, he'll be even better (which is scary).

It's a weird one with Kev. His stats are undoubtedly amazing. Yet I dunno... I was kind of expecting more from him? He rarely seems 'in' games if you know what I mean? Could be down to the team generally being hugely underperforming this season though. I'm certainly curious to see what happens with him when Pep arrives. I don't see him as David's long term successor, they're different types of player. And I think we'll be looking to bring in another pacy wide player-come-forward? Sané? Plus we'll have the continuing development of Sterling. His stats are amazing yet I'm still not sure if he'll play a huge role under Pep or a squad rotation kind of role. As I say, I'm curious to see what happens. He's very good, but not in the way that I was expecting. I don't know if I'm making any sense haha

DeBryune pass completion rates are a mix of taking risks and making silly errors. His silly errors have been fewer and farther apart of late, but the narrative hasn't caught up yet. So folks still accuse him of being overly error prone.

Give it time, the narrative often eventually catches up.

I'd agree that he is making less silly errors but not that the narrative has not caught up yet because he is still making poor passes that should be a rarity for someone of his considerable technical ability. There was an absolute horror from the wing into central midfield early in the game on Wednesday and at least two inexcusably poor ones today that l wasn't the only one in my vicinty unhappy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.