Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we keep going on about it, but I really can't get over how good our front 4 is. It has everything. We can attack down the left, overloading the opposition with Sterling, Kolarov overlaps, Silva drifting over to dictate. We can attack down the right, Sagna's overlaps, De Bruyne and Silva creating and probing. We can attack through the middle with Silva, Yaya and Fernandinho taking the piss. Aguero latching onto through balls, or coming deep himself to get on the ball and dribble, with Sterling no doubt then making a forward burst into the space Sergio left behind. We can carve teams apart on the back of a 20+ passing move. Or we can utilise the pace of Sterling and Aguero on the counter attack, with Silva's passing and De Bruyne's deadly efficiency on the break. We can score direct from set pieces, on either side, with Yaya, De Bruyne and Kolarov all capable of scoring from different ranges and positions. We can also score indirect from free kicks because De Bruyne has a great delivery.

I don't see how it's possible to stop that front 4. The Premier League can't, that's for sure.

Not seen that much of him until we where linked but looking at the vid's and the odd game, I think he is going to be a massive improvement.

He looks to play the ball early which will play to Aguero's strengths. He can play any of the 3 positions behind the striker. He is also happy to take an early shot from distance.

We have so many options that not many teams will be able to cope.

Belgium were poor last night, so you can't really be too critical of the lad as everyone wasn't at it, there were flashes of real quality though.

One thing which I picked up on though, which is a slight concern, was the lack of cover De Bruyne offered his fullback when he was on the right. I was paying particular attention to it, and it is a bit of a worry. It was really quite glaring.

I hope it was the heat, and that played a big part, but it's a concern if not. Navas protects his fullback really well and gets back into the shape really quickly when we lose possession.

Sterling has proven exceptional at this on the other flank also, really made Kolarov look much more comfortable at the back.

Hopefully it's something we can drill into him, if not he might be better placed playing off Aguero in the central area. But then again David's having a stormer there, and he's approaching that age where he should be in a central role with less covering up and down the flanks.

Interesting one, have to see what Manuel comes up with.

Hi Guys, congrats on signing KDB. I'm a big fan of Kev since the first game I saw him play for Genk at the age of 18.
I can give you my view on KDB.

When he left Genk for Chelsea KDB's problem was that he couldn't dose his energy. He was in love with the ball and wanted to be everywhere, after 70minutes his game was practically over.
Another weak point was his strength and heading. He just hated heading and was easily put aside in duels.

In Bremen and Wolfsburg KDB became a lot stronger. His vision and long balls has always been phenomenal, Hecking gave him a free attacking role providing the team with lots of assists and goals.
You can compare KDB with a high tech submarine: his radar notices teammates extremely quickly followed by sharp torpedo's splitting through opponent defenses. For example yesterday quick pass to Mertens for Belgium.

Coming to Man City is a huge challenge for KDB, he proved to deliver tons of goals and assists (Genk,Bremen,Wolfsburg) in a team where he was the playmaker and recieved a lot of confidence. In Man City he will need to find his place between Silva, Nasri, Sterling and Navas which will need some time. I hope MP puts him in a central role where he will get lots of ball contacts but he will definitely need a couple of games to now where he is positioned best. After this period, i'm sure you will all love him.

Did you know he also has a clothing line in Belgium? https://www.culteleven.com/2_kdb

Sorry for my basic English, hope you appreciate my contribution.
Cheers, mate.

tick tock - I hope he gets on the pitch on Saturday at some point - and we smash Palace

Belgium were poor last night, so you can't really be too critical of the lad as everyone wasn't at it, there were flashes of real quality though.

One thing which I picked up on though, which is a slight concern, was the lack of cover De Bruyne offered his fullback when he was on the right. I was paying particular attention to it, and it is a bit of a worry. It was really quite glaring.

I hope it was the heat, and that played a big part, but it's a concern if not. Navas protects his fullback really well and gets back into the shape really quickly when we lose possession.

Sterling has proven exceptional at this on the other flank also, really made Kolarov look much more comfortable at the back.

Hopefully it's something we can drill into him, if not he might be better placed playing off Aguero in the central area. But then again David's having a stormer there, and he's approaching that age where he should be in a central role with less covering up and down the flanks.

Interesting one, have to see what Manuel comes up with.

That's one of the reasons why I think Dave should play on the right. As deceptive as it may seem, Dave is a knifty grafter and is willing to get stuck in. I think KDB playing right behind Kun would be smartest as he's more of a counter-attacking threat than Silva.

That's one of the reasons why I think Dave should play on the right. As deceptive as it may seem, Dave is a knifty grafter and is willing to get stuck in. I think KDB playing right behind Kun would be smartest as he's more of a counter-attacking threat than Silva.
However, when Silva played on the left, many were often critical for him not covering our left flank enough.

Silva is a worker and he won't shirk a tackle in most cases but everyone can see how improved we are with Sterling out there. Many a full back will be hesitant to push on alongside their winger with Sterling there, one because he can outpace most in the premier league going back and two because they are scared he will break right back out them if we win the ball.

I would leave Silva in the middle, he is finally given a run of games in his best position and he is coming into the prime of his career. De Bruyne will be on the right on paper but we all know how interchangeable that front 4 is.

No issues for me.

I know we keep going on about it, but I really can't get over how good our front 4 is. It has everything. We can attack down the left, overloading the opposition with Sterling, Kolarov overlaps, Silva drifting over to dictate. We can attack down the right, Sagna's overlaps, De Bruyne and Silva creating and probing. We can attack through the middle with Silva, Yaya and Fernandinho taking the piss. Aguero latching onto through balls, or coming deep himself to get on the ball and dribble, with Sterling no doubt then making a forward burst into the space Sergio left behind. We can carve teams apart on the back of a 20+ passing move. Or we can utilise the pace of Sterling and Aguero on the counter attack, with Silva's passing and De Bruyne's deadly efficiency on the break. We can score direct from set pieces, on either side, with Yaya, De Bruyne and Kolarov all capable of scoring from different ranges and positions. We can also score indirect from free kicks because De Bruyne has a great delivery.

I don't see how it's possible to stop that front 4. The Premier League can't, that's for sure.
Sheikh Mansour is love.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.