Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our off the ball line up will have Silva in the middle and De Bruyne out wide but with possession there is no doubt both will have free roles to roam wherever they can find space to operate.

I would say to give him some time. De Bruyne is certainly good enough to start based on ability alone, but he has had a below-average start to the season at Wolfsburg and the team has been playing well enough without him so far this season.

I would say to give him some time. De Bruyne is certainly good enough to start based on ability alone, but he has had a below-average start to the season at Wolfsburg and the team has been playing well enough without him so far this season.
De Bruyne struggled with Wolfsburg because he wanted the move to City but Allofs kept stalling. De Bruyne has been excellent for Belgium during the international break, and I believe this is in large part due to finally completing the move to City he wanted.

Granted, I don't think De Bruyne will start against Palace given that he hasn't really had time to train with the squad, and he has played full minutes internationally so his fitness might not be the best either. That said, I'd like to see him starting sooner rather than later. I know the talk of not changing a winning side, but attacking positions can be changed more readily than defensive positions when considering player chemistry. Plus, I feel that Navas is getting somewhat overhyped on this forum. He's been working hard, but has still proven to lack the end product, and he was poor against Watford. I actually expect Nasri to start over Navas against Palace, but De Bruyne should get 15 minutes or so depending on how the match is going by then.

I know we keep going on about it, but I really can't get over how good our front 4 is. It has everything. We can attack down the left, overloading the opposition with Sterling, Kolarov overlaps, Silva drifting over to dictate. We can attack down the right, Sagna's overlaps, De Bruyne and Silva creating and probing. We can attack through the middle with Silva, Yaya and Fernandinho taking the piss. Aguero latching onto through balls, or coming deep himself to get on the ball and dribble, with Sterling no doubt then making a forward burst into the space Sergio left behind. We can carve teams apart on the back of a 20+ passing move. Or we can utilise the pace of Sterling and Aguero on the counter attack, with Silva's passing and De Bruyne's deadly efficiency on the break. We can score direct from set pieces, on either side, with Yaya, De Bruyne and Kolarov all capable of scoring from different ranges and positions. We can also score indirect from free kicks because De Bruyne has a great delivery.

I don't see how it's possible to stop that front 4. The Premier League can't, that's for sure.

As KDB isn't as fast and without Navas protecting, I don't think you will see Sagna venturing that far forward too often.

De Bruyne struggled with Wolfsburg because he wanted the move to City but Allofs kept stalling. De Bruyne has been excellent for Belgium during the international break, and I believe this is in large part due to finally completing the move to City he wanted.

Granted, I don't think De Bruyne will start against Palace given that he hasn't really had time to train with the squad, and he has played full minutes internationally so his fitness might not be the best either. That said, I'd like to see him starting sooner rather than later. I know the talk of not changing a winning side, but attacking positions can be changed more readily than defensive positions when considering player chemistry. Plus, I feel that Navas is getting somewhat overhyped on this forum. He's been working hard, but has still proven to lack the end product, and he was poor against Watford. I actually expect Nasri to start over Navas against Palace, but De Bruyne should get 15 minutes or so depending on how the match is going by then.

I think MP will want him in the starting line up against Juve. If he's also fit enough to play on saturday then he will do. Players of his quality and the position he plays should be able to slot in without too much training.

Our off the ball line up will have Silva in the middle and De Bruyne out wide but with possession there is no doubt both will have free roles to roam wherever they can find space to operate.

i actually think KDB will play on the left and silva on the left and return back to pellegrini's favored 4-2-2-2 like the last game. thats what he implied in the post-match interview.

ive watch de bruyne twice now, both for Belgium. thought the first game he was pretty good ,scored a good goal as well, second game, he reminded me of a ginger James Milner, bit of a plodder.

ive watch de bruyne twice now, both for Belgium. thought the first game he was pretty good ,scored a good goal as well, second game, he reminded me of a ginger James Milner, bit of a plodder.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.