Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The free kick minus the defender on the line is saved by the keeper without any hassle; the genius element is that KDB likely realised that sticking it somewhere in between both of them would cause indecision and neutralise the effectiveness of the other.

Like many have said, I agree that it looked like if the defender wasn't there then it would have been saved; however, I honestly believe Kev saw this and placed it there. Just a hunch but he is incredibly talented and intelligent reading the game

The defender didnt take that position out of own choice i gather, i bet it was a instruction by the manager, which basicly means they had a keeper and a half in there, probably because they deemed it nessecary.

The keeper never Tried to go for the ball. Perhaps he thought "my mate had this". The defender tried to head the ball but failed by a relative big margin.

Its likely that both keeper and defender had to few of view to see the ball comming whereas the spectator had a beter overview. In my oppinion, the defender did try but just wasnt quick enough. I think that ball had plenty of speed.

Mark Schwarzer (sp?) said on the C5 highlights show that he'd never have a defender on the line next to him in a similar scenario. It only leads to confusion as (like last night) both the defender and the keeper left it to each other. If the keeper was on his own, that free kick would never have gone in. Fairly central, easy catching height.

I'm drooling at the prospect of him & a fully fit Silva playing in the same team every week!

Like many have said, I agree that it looked like if the defender wasn't there then it would have been saved; however, I honestly believe Kev saw this and placed it there. Just a hunch but he is incredibly talented and intelligent reading the game

I agree, i really think the ball landed exactly where KDB wanted it to.
He prefers taking his free kicks so that the balls dips so low, it touches the goal line.
But because there was a defender in the goal, this would have been very easy to stop. But by placing it between the defender and the keeper, it becomes a tough save.

See his previous 2 free kicks for Belgium, both from a similar position to yesterday:

No, Kippax is right about that free kick
. Keeper would have caught it but for the proximity of the defender. Maybe KDB spotted the gap and deliberarely steered it through the gap, I dont know but it doesn't matter because Kevin is, after all, ginger love.
you are absolutely out of your mind :)

I don't have that feeling. Silva is always looking for the best solution. When the gameplay is slow then KDB is not always the best choice. I think all the players love KDB. He has giving beautiful assist to Kun, Kolarov, etc... and he is not selfish. There is a place for Silva AND KDB in the team.
I'm not questioning Silva's choices at all, and I wasn't insinuating that KDB & Silva can't go in one team. They have to as a matter of fact. It just struck me how few passes Silva directed to De Bruyne. He probably had good reasons for that, but it still struck me, and it made KDB look a bit out of place sometimes. Just saying they can learn to connect a lot better than they're doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.