Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never forget a mate showing me this, thought he was going to be a rock.

I'll never forget a mate showing me this, thought he was going to be a rock.

You can make a City video of him doing everything on that clip. He has been fantastic. Diving needed to go. Otherwise, he has been the best CB here. Yes I include Kompany in that list.

Oh lawd, here comes lasereyes again. I've asked you to point out the cherry picked stat. You couldn't. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your drivel.

Again, if you don't know why it was silly for someone to suggest Otamendi should have followed Mori, then I can't help you.

You are either incredibly dense or you wear a blindfold when the matches are on. Maybe both.

On that corner, Otamendi goes up for a header and misses it completely. At this point he is right with Funes Mori. The ball comes to Barkley who fires the ball in, resulting in the rebound to Mori who has moved forward to around the 6 yard box. During this time, Otamendi for some inexplicable reason has drifted in the opposite direction out to the edge of the penalty box, tracking precisely nobody and leaving Mori totally free. He stands there like a statue raising his arm for offside while Mori calmly slots the ball past Caballero.

As for your still maintaining that Otamendi has been fantastic and better than Kompany, that was highly dubious when you first said it. Now with an additional 6 weeks or so of evidence, it is plain demented.

I think that otamendi has been average and I'm still not convinced on him to be honest. For the money we spent on him he shouldn't be reliant on kompany to play next to him. He is too rash is some occasions and often has to make last ditch tackles. This looks really good when they come off but awful when they don't. Personally I think he has a lot to learn. Hopefully he will get better as time goes on and stands up like we need him to.

You are either incredibly dense or you wear a blindfold when the matches are on. Maybe both.

On that corner, Otamendi goes up for a header and misses it completely. At this point he is right with Funes Mori. The ball comes to Barkley who fires the ball in, resulting in the rebound to Mori who has moved forward to around the 6 yard box. During this time, Otamendi for some inexplicable reason has drifted in the opposite direction out to the edge of the penalty box, tracking precisely nobody and leaving Mori totally free. He stands there like a statue raising his arm for offside while Mori calmly slots the ball past Caballero.

As for your still maintaining that Otamendi has been fantastic and better than Kompany, that was highly dubious when you first said it. Now with an additional 6 weeks or so of evidence, it is plain demented.

We conceded that goal because Mangala pulled his hamstring and couldn't get out to play the offside trap with everyone else. That's why he "drifted" it's called an offside trap and we've done it for the last 3 years when ever a ball leaves the box.

We conceded that goal because Mangala pulled his hamstring and couldn't get out to play the offside trap with everyone else. That's why he "drifted" it's called an offside trap and we've done it for the last 3 years when ever a ball leaves the box.

I suggest you watch the goal again. There is no coordinated move up which would constitute an offside trap. Both Mangala and Sagna are back and others are static. There is also no evidence Mangala is injured at all on that play. He moves pretty freely and is first trying to stay on Lukaku and then trying to block Barkley's shot. He is certainly making no attempt to play an offside trap. In addition, Sagna looks to be playing Mori onside also. As for Otamendi, he ends up in acres of free space which would have been wonderful if it was a City corner in the Everton box.

Utter shite. Otamendi is marking Stones.

Delph is on Mori and later Sagna.

Don't say that. We conceded because Mangala is a fucking idiot and didn't push up as soon as the ball was cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.