Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's been absolutely shocking recently. But before we place him on the bench I want to see him on the right. But for the love of god please don't play him on the left. It's painful. If his form doesn't improve on the right then yes, Navas should play instead until the situation changes.

The problem with Sterling like many others in this league is he is English and therefore has no footballing brain.

Apart from that he has a bit of pace and a trick or two so he'll do ok for us.

Anyone expecting a world beater though will be waiting a long time.

English players are absolutely shocking. Shame to say it but it's true.

Navas changed the game today - KDB went left, and Navas stuck on the sideline, so why not try KDB left and Sterling right? Those 3 behind Kun seem almost fluid, but Sterling has never seen the right hand side yet?

I would like to see him play in is proper roll on the fucking RIGHT!!!

I think Manuel is trying to develop some elements of his game but it clearly didn't work today. Horses for courses, square pegs in square holes! Just do what yer did when yer first came.

Might be that we are trying to cram similar players into the starting eleven.

Was sterling poor today? Yes.

Did the navas replacement make the difference in how we started the second half? No.

Tbf to Sterling he's not being played in his best position and our style of quick, one touch,interchanging football in very compact areas of the final 3rd of the pitch doesn't compliment what is his strength of having the ball played in front of him with acres of space to run past defenders.

We can't play all of the superstars on the same pitch as it just doesn't offer balance and any team worth their salt find this out within 10 mins and exploit the weakness. only pellegrini can be the one who sorts that out.

Great to see Serg bag several goals today but it was still very frustrating the way we played in the 1st half. Why we don't start games like we did the second half then slow down the game after we have it in the bag still baffles me. I thought at 0-1 we were going to be looking at another West Ham game...

Still waiting for the 'wow' factor from Sterling. Looks lost at times. Unsure where to run or what to do when he receives the ball. The other thing I noticed, twice he knocked it past Janmaat and didn't beat him for pace on either occasion. Needs to be on the move when he receives the ball and his first touch is often not good enough - sorry to say.

He's been hugely disappointing so far. Why did we buy him if he was going to be played out of position? Navas probably deserves the starting position now even though his end product is usually lacking, although lately there has been improvement. I'd like to see Sterling play with someone other than Kolorov on that side as he stops and waits for him every time.

Give the lad a chance for goodness sake!!! Some were writing off Aguero midweek and Mangala weeks before he's not been here that long. Started off well but I think that tactically we are not allowing him to play his own game. It's a big step up from being the big fish but he will learn off some of the best footballers in the game. Just give him time!! We are quicker to jump on players backs than the old days. I could say that Otamendi is a shocking buy but whilst I am not sure he was what we needed despite my thoughts I will give the guy time. If by this time next season Raheem is not cutting it then fair enough criticise. For now give the guy a chance, otherwise we are going to put off other players coming if they think they have to be Messi in the first 7 games!!!

Let's be honest all the players were off in first half not just sterling what was said at half time worked and we were a different team in the second half, old city smashed them.

Lets face facts. Sterling is absolute wank. A joke signing at £49m. Navas the scapegoat changed the game & is thrice the player Sterling ever will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.