Player Topic: Samir Nasri (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was excellent yesterday. When he is one of those moods, when he doesn't sulk and is up for a fight, he is almost unplayable. His close control with the ball is eye-watering good. Yes he went for glory a bit to much yesterday, but then that is exactly what created the goal. If you don't buy a ticket you don't win the raffle.

I've noted him shooting more and more this season (including pre-season). Perhaps told to up his goal contribution by MP? That goal at Everton at the end and the shot at the end yesterday already showing it is paying dividends for the team.

Obviously not in Merlin's league but he has been a very important players for since arriving, and continues to be so. We aren't going to fool everywhere with our flying wingers all season (especially not with Navas struggling with the proverbial barn door). I think he is going to big a player for us this year.

I was a little frustrated with him yesterday, thought he dwindled on the ball for too long at times, slowing us down. His close control is brilliant mind, I just wish he'd show some urgency a little more often.

He always seems to perform better in the absence of Silva as he has more room for expression.

He has his dogshit days but I think that's more to the team composition and shape.

I see that the usual Nasri Knockers were baying to get him sold in the window. Doesn't seem like such a good idea now, does it?

He always seems to perform better in the absence of Silva as he has more room for expression.

He has his dogshit days but I think that's more to the team composition and shape.

I see that the usual Nasri Knockers were baying to get him sold in the window. Doesn't seem like such a good idea now, does it?
I think the reason it may seem like he performs better in the absence of Silva is because if he's played as a No 10 which is his strongest position, he'll shine like the star he is.

What I'd love to see is Nasri and Silva play centrally behind the lone striker with Fernandinho behind them as the holding midfielder. This to me would be a better alternative to easier home games than reverting to the disastrous 442 of last season as a Plan B.

This is undoubtedly true. I think Nasri is naturally a cautious player; when there's a safe option, the chances are he'll take it. Silva has unbelievably good off-the-ball movement, and as they operate in similar areas of the pitch, he's nearly always a direct option for Nasri to pass to (or at least he will move to form a triangle with a third player - e.g. Nasri --> Yaya --> Silva - again, a safe option for Nasri).

When Silva doesn't play, Nasri doesn't normally have those 'easy' options, and that means he has to take a risk with the ball. The frustrating thing (from the point of view of his performances as a whole) is that he's actually excellent at beating a man with his quick feet and creating danger by himself - we saw it against Palace yesterday on a number of occasions, not least for the goal, where he carried the ball, beat a man and fired off a shot.

He was very, very good yesterday because he was taking risks with the ball - I live in hope that he will eventually start doing this on consistent basis, even when Silva is playing and he has easy options around him, but I've been waiting for 4 years! Still a very good player though, and one who receives too much criticism in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.