Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

city91 said:
As Sergio is currently the stand out PL player this season its only natural for him to be compared to Bale and Suarez who both hand brilliant seasons before having big money moves to Spain.

However, I do think that overlooks the fact that Aguero has been playing like this for us ever since he got here. Its only injuries that have prevented him from getting the recognition he deserves. In his first season he was top class, his second was ravaged by injury, his third he was neck and neck with Suarez until he got injured and this season he is top drawer.

Also, our situation compared to Spurs and Liverpool couldn't be more different. Unlike us they are not consistent title challengers or top 4 contenders. It will take them ages to be on an even footing with us never mind Munich or Madrid.

Finally, Aguero is a god here. We are one or two signings away from matching the likes of Bayern and he is the focal point of the team. I'm sure that challenge appeals more to him than moving to Madrid where he would also spoil his relationship with Atletoco.

If there's something against him that I have to say is...don't take his statements too seriously. NOT TO PANIC YOU. It's just while being at Atletico Madrid (when most of fans had the same feeling or even more than you, considering him the best player of their history..and god knows they have history) he said some things which finally were not true.

There was always a speculation about him and Real Madrid, by the time he was playing at Atletico Madrid. Of course Madrid wanted him, I'm sure of that. He was a phenomenon in La Liga, not getting injured like at City. Had less strength but more skills. By the time, in an interview, he said "I'll never play for a team whose name starts with an R" It was a reference to Racing Club (Independiente's Rival), but of course and by that time, it was for Real Madrid too.

Then Roumors became to appear (most of it because of Marca and AS, Madridista newspapers). "Aguero had a meeting with Florentino". --- "Aguero bought a house in the same Neighbourhood Higuain lives".----"Aguero wants to join Madrid".

Of course the fans some didn't believe that and some did. BUT then.... Aguero refused to continue in ATM (the team was small for him TBF), and moved to City. I think it was two years ago when City played against Real Madrid in the UCL. Aguero, in Madrid said "If Madrid wanted me, I would be playing here right now" SOURCE (in spanish) and then he said he hopes to be back in Spain cause it's his second house.

Of course Atletico Madrid fans hate him right now, almost 'till death.

With this I just want to say that if he says things like "I'll stay at City 'till we win the Champions League"....I wouldn't take it so seriously. But well he made those statements in his first year and in my mind logic tells that now, after all the seasons, his improved english, the love of the fans and most of all the english culture of tolerance...he will stay. But it's crucial to get far in Europe.

Jnico17 said:
city91 said:
As Sergio is currently the stand out PL player this season its only natural for him to be compared to Bale and Suarez who both hand brilliant seasons before having big money moves to Spain.

However, I do think that overlooks the fact that Aguero has been playing like this for us ever since he got here. Its only injuries that have prevented him from getting the recognition he deserves. In his first season he was top class, his second was ravaged by injury, his third he was neck and neck with Suarez until he got injured and this season he is top drawer.

Also, our situation compared to Spurs and Liverpool couldn't be more different. Unlike us they are not consistent title challengers or top 4 contenders. It will take them ages to be on an even footing with us never mind Munich or Madrid.

Finally, Aguero is a god here. We are one or two signings away from matching the likes of Bayern and he is the focal point of the team. I'm sure that challenge appeals more to him than moving to Madrid where he would also spoil his relationship with Atletoco.

If there's something against him that I have to say is...don't take his statements too seriously. NOT TO PANIC YOU. It's just while being at Atletico Madrid (when most of fans had the same feeling or even more than you, considering him the best player of their history..and god knows they have history) he said some things which finally were not true.

There was always a speculation about him and Real Madrid, by the time he was playing at Atletico Madrid. Of course Madrid wanted him, I'm sure of that. He was a phenomenon in La Liga, not getting injured like at City. Had less strength but more skills. By the time, in an interview, he said "I'll never play for a team whose name starts with an R" It was a reference to Racing Club (Independiente's Rival), but of course and by that time, it was for Real Madrid too.

Then Roumors became to appear (most of it because of Marca and AS, Madridista newspapers). "Aguero had a meeting with Florentino". --- "Aguero bought a house in the same Neighbourhood Higuain lives".----"Aguero wants to join Madrid".

Of course the fans some didn't believe that and some did. BUT then.... Aguero refused to continue in ATM (the team was small for him TBF), and moved to City. I think it was two years ago when City played against Real Madrid in the UCL. Aguero, in Madrid said "If Madrid wanted me, I would be playing here right now" SOURCE (in spanish) and then he said he hopes to be back in Spain cause it's his second house.

Of course Atletico Madrid fans hate him right now, almost 'till death.

With this I just want to say that if he says things like "I'll stay at City 'till we win the Champions League"....I wouldn't take it so seriously. But well he made those statements in his first year and in my mind logic tells that now, after all the seasons, his improved english, the love of the fans and most of all the english culture of tolerance...he will stay. But it's crucial to get far in Europe.

I agree and to be fair I would not begrudge the lad a move to Madrid or Bayern if it meant him winning the CL. A player of Aguero's calibre deserves to win the lot.

That's why I believe that this summer is crucial for us. It's been a while since we have gone out and signed a marquee player who will instantly improve the team. We now have the finances to do so and it would be a statement of intent to our players as well as the rest of Europe.

Madrid are also in a dangerous game with Ronaldo. He is approaching the end of his career and his market value is not going to go any higher. If they did go all out for Kun then surely that would signal the end for him. Add to the fact that Ronaldo's most likely destination would be United, I just cannot see City letting him leave in a move that would strengthen our rivals.

More importantly, City's ambitions are even bigger than Aguero's personal ones. I trust the club to go all out in building a team around him and giving him them medals he deserves.

This man seems to get better and better. Hope he can steer clear of injury, if he does all of our scoring records are within his grasp.

Ive only been watching City since the late sixties(!) but when ive watched him lately im trying hard to think of anyone better whos worn our shirt.... and im struggling. He can win the lot with us if he wants to.

city91 said:

Also the politics of the Real Madrid dressing room have always been poisonous. He will be all too aware of this from his time across the city.

He'd be giving a lot up, and taking a considerable risk by moving to Real. Not saying it won't ever happen, but I now reckon on balance it probably won't imo

city91 said:
I agree and to be fair I would not begrudge the lad a move to Madrid or Bayern if it meant him winning the CL. A player of Aguero's calibre deserves to win the lot.

That's the example of the English culture of tolerance.

-¿Cómo se paga esa deuda, en la Copa América, o hay que esperar otro Mundial?

-No sé. Si vos le preguntás a la gente en la calle qué opina de los delanteros del Mundial, el 90 por ciento te va a decir que fueron un desastre. La gente no tiene paciencia, quiere ganar. Quizá ganando la Copa América conformamos a los hinchas.

-How can you pay that debt? With the America's Cup, or we must wait for the next World Cup?

- I don't know. If you ask the people in the street what they think about the WC strikers, 90% will say they were a disaster. People has no patience, they wan to win. Maybe winning the America's Cup we will make it up for the fans.

By this, and other Aguero statements, he must be happy with living in england. You people in there are more tolerant, could understand for example if Aguero was english and got injured during the WC. Here in Argentina everyone hates him since the World Cup. 90% thinks it's almost his fault we didn't win the WC. There's always someone who gets it, this time it was him.

And in Real Madrid it would be kinda the same, and also the newspapers there...are just above imagination.

WhenProgrammesWereAShilling said:
Ive only been watching City since the late sixties(!) but when ive watched him lately im trying hard to think of anyone better whos worn our shirt.... and im struggling. He can win the lot with us if he wants to.

I've been chatting this through with plenty of fellow Blues. For me, he is THE BEST player to have worn our shirt. And quite comfortably so, too.

He hasn't been here and shown the loyalty (yet) that other City legends have but in terms of quality and trophies won, he is head and shoulders our best.

Watching his pace, movement and skill in the last two away games made the nearly 800 miles I drove worth every second. He is not only our best player but the best in the league.

pudge said:
BlueByBlood said:
Do not know how to make .gifs, that's why putting the link. Please take a look. Its F****N hilarious.(Altidore's reaction to agueros goal)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

If anyone can make it a .gif that will be better :)
[bigimg]https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/jozy.gif?w=1000[/bigimg]
That trainers reaction is priceless. I think he wanted to stud Kun :)

Abbeygoo said:
WhenProgrammesWereAShilling said:

I've been chatting this through with plenty of fellow Blues. For me, he is THE BEST player to have worn our shirt. And quite comfortably so, too.

He hasn't been here and shown the loyalty (yet) that other City legends have but in terms of quality and trophies won, he is head and shoulders our best.

Watching his pace, movement and skill in the last two away games made the nearly 800 miles I drove worth every second. He is not only our best player but the best in the league.

Its tricky to compare players of different positions and different eras but i cannot argue with any of the points you make. Im trying hard to put someone ahead of him and i carnt, and he has his best years still to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.