Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we miss vince, but nobody seems to mention how well the otter and mangala were doing before Vinnie walsed back in the team (only to get injured TWICE when he shouldnt have been playing for Belgium).

Yes, in the end the Otta and Vinnie proved pellers right in the derby. But dropping Mangala unfairly has fucked his game up.

Vinnie needs to remember who pays his wages and stop choosing country over club

Otamendi & Mangala should be able to do a job in his absence lets be realistic here. They've quite literally been a partnership before with Porto & between them cost around £60m - they've also shown that they're capable defenders when we're lined up correctly. The main problem is the lack of leadership, but I feel Otamendi & Hart can provide that to a good enough level.

Play a proper midfield (drop Yaya or don't play him in a 2 against any reasonable side; i.e. midweek!) to provide some protection for them & I'd also drop Kolarov as he leaves the LCB with 2 jobs to do (Otamendi coped with this majestically when partnered with VK but I imagine Mangala will be on the left if these 2 partner up & that's an issue) - then the CB's will have a normal CB's job to do rather than having to deal with a complete lack of a midfield in front of them & dealing with LB position also.

Sagna Otamendi Mangala Clichy
DInho Nando

With that line up at the back there should be far less problems (and excuses).

VK is our captain and leader , the fact he will probably miss 50% of the season , will mean we will not win the title , you cannot build a title winning side around a player who misses half the games , and before posters start stamping their feet in a hissy fit and accusations of writing him off , he is still in my humble opinion the best centre half in europe when fit , and the best centre back i have seen in a blue shirt since Dave Watson , but we now need to sign another , younger , fitter world class centre back to play alongside Ottamendi His absences are not acceptable , and if vinny becomes a squad player , it is down to his fitness not his ability , hopefully he will be groomed along the lines of Viera and will still have a massive influence in the dressing room and will also progress into coaching and management , couldnt imagine vinny pulling on a different shirt and playing against us , that must never happen

I'd give serious consideration to selling him in the summer. Great centre half he may be, but he's never fit. 2 games here, 3 games there, it isn't good enough, and the knock on effect is ring rusty back ups frequently being called upon to step in for big games, with the all the potential for calamity that that brings. There's no prospect of continuity with Kompany in the squad, and I'd be lining up Stones as a replacement whether we let him (Vinny) go or not.

I'd give serious consideration to selling him in the summer. Great centre half he may be, but he's never fit. 2 games here, 3 games there, it isn't good enough, and the knock on effect is ring rusty back ups frequently being called upon to step in for big games, with the all the potential for calamity that that brings. There's no prospect of continuity with Kompany in the squad, and I'd be lining up Stones as a replacement whether we let him (Vinny) go or not.
He's immense, let's just start with that point. I don't think letting immense players go for that reason alone is enough. These back up centre backs are not ring rusty, they're professional athletes playing at the pinnacle of the sport, so they shouldn't be rusty in the slightest, nor can people keep blaming their poor performances on not being included every game.
I still think if Vinnie lost a small bit of weight then his injury levels would decrease, he carries a high level of muscle mass and people like Richards have shown that that is susceptible to higher injury rates.

He's immense, let's just start with that point. I don't think letting immense players go for that reason alone is enough. These back up centre backs are not ring rusty, they're professional athletes playing at the pinnacle of the sport, so they shouldn't be rusty in the slightest, nor can people keep blaming their poor performances on not being included every game.
I still think if Vinnie lost a small bit of weight then his injury levels would decrease, he carries a high level of muscle mass and people like Richards have shown that that is susceptible to higher injury rates.

I'd certainly agree with the last sentence, although it's worth noting that he was still blighted by injuries when he was a lot less bulky at Hamburg. The point I was making was that we need some continuity, not different combinations all the time, and with respect there's a world of difference between being fit and being match fit. Four or five games on the bench, which was all Dimichelis had prior to Saturday, would not have assisted him in dealing with the red shirted whirlwind he then had to endure.

I'd certainly agree with the last sentence, although it's worth noting that he was still blighted by injuries when he was a lot less bulky at Hamburg. The point I was making was that we need some continuity, not different combinations all the time, and with respect there's a world of difference between being fit and being match fit. Four or five games on the bench, which was all Dimichelis had prior to Saturday, would not have assisted him in dealing with the red shirted whirlwind he then had to endure.
Can't argue with that, I just don't think selling him is clever.

Its a worry for Vinnie. With the pre-season he had, getting in his early preparation being pumped and primed ready to go, then starting the season so imperiously but now its one week on, two weeks off and he'll struggle to get into a rhythm when he is fit. The other problem with this is that the centre back partnership and the defence as a whole works much better when there is consistency in selection. Obviously Vinnie comes into the side when fit, but this means we're now more likely to see a different defensive line-up each week. Shame, if he'd been injury free I reckon we'd be 5-6 points clear now

I think The Mangler doesn't know whether he's comin' or goin' as far as Pellers is concerned. He's in, he's out, and he's invariably out just as he begins to look like the present day Dave Ewing, although on Saturday I just wondered whether he had an eye on nickin' Dave's OG record!

I think The Mangler doesn't know whether he's comin' or goin' as far as Pellers is concerned. He's in, he's out, and he's invariably out just as he begins to look like the present day Dave Ewing, although on Saturday I just wondered whether he had an eye on nickin' Dave's OG record!

It must be difficult for Mangala, coming to City then being pelted by everyone in the media last year. Now he looks to be predominantly back up after a good start but that comes after we apparently tried to ship him out.

Kompany is worrying me ever more so with these injuries. If we're going to have adequate back up, we need to manage things better.

So gutted for vinnie. So fucking gutted.
Especially with him getting early in pre season.
Our spine of the team are all injury prone.
It's something we either need to live with or address the problem.
It's every season, you can almost go off your watch when they will be out.
Such a shame.
What's the latest with vinnie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.