Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bony signs - official

CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
As good as Wilfred Bony obviously is I don't see the signing of another player who'll be missing the the vital part of every season due to the ACN achieves anything for us, two vital players gone every season at a crucial part of the premiership campaign could ultimately end up losing us titles and silverware I know the African's obviously value their competition highly but to every club losing vital players every season and it having a detrimental effect on their season (theoretically losing revenue due to cup exits, lost titles and relegation) it's just a pain in the arse.
ACON isn't every season. It's currently every other season but they could do with moving it to every four years, like the World Cup & Euros.

Prestwich_Blue said:
CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
As good as Wilfred Bony obviously is I don't see the signing of another player who'll be missing the the vital part of every season due to the ACN achieves anything for us, two vital players gone every season at a crucial part of the premiership campaign could ultimately end up losing us titles and silverware I know the African's obviously value their competition highly but to every club losing vital players every season and it having a detrimental effect on their season (theoretically losing revenue due to cup exits, lost titles and relegation) it's just a pain in the arse.
ACON isn't every season. It's currently every other season but they could do with moving it to every four years, like the World Cup & Euros.

I stand corrected Prestwich Blue it just seems like every year ha lol I'm with you on the every 4 years idea.

CAPTAINKIPPAX said:

We don't have to sign African players. There's no rule stipulating we must have a certain number of Africans in our squad.

I'm sure the people in charge of our transfer activities have weighed up the pros and cons of buying Wilf and are perfectly aware that we will lose him, as well as YaYa for up to five weeks every other year and decided that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

As long as we employ 3 or 4 quality strikers, losing Bony will hurt much less than Yaya has. Problem with losing Yaya is we haven't employed another central midfielder with his passing ability or range. Fernandinho is a decent passer but not the same level, Fernando is OK too, but Yaya is among the best passing central midfielders in Europe. Which is why our next CM signing should not be a big, powerful, athletic grafter, but one who can control the game well with his passing and technique. Then we wouldn't miss Yaya so much.

Vienna_70 said:
CAPTAINKIPPAX said:

We don't have to sign African players. There's no rule stipulating we must have a certain number of Africans in our squad.

I'm sure the people in charge of our transfer activities have weighed up the pros and cons of buying Wilf and are perfectly aware that we will lose him, as well as YaYa for up to five weeks every other year and decided that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

Indeed. One month or so every two years should be manageable!

Bony is going to be mint. He's exactly what we need. We have him approaching his prime. We can get a good few seasons out of him yet.

inbetween said:
Not read the rest of the thread but what a capture for us. I wasn't sure about the money we have paid but still we have got a fantastic striker here who is only 26. He is an absolute unit which isn't rare for a striker but what is rare is he has the ability to also do what Sergio does having perfect touch and deadly finishing. I'm gutted it didn't work with Negredo because he was my favourite player last season but Bony is a far better, proven replacement. Some on Talksport have been saying all week whether he will be happy playing 4th striker but I seriously think he will be 2nd now to Aguero and the way Pellegrini has us playing, he will be playing every week.

Bony will be a fantastic signing for us and I think with Sergio now has a player who he can play off and it frees him to be our central false 9 without worrying too much about helping the 2nd striker because Bony can hold it well. Bony will draw a lot of attention from defences because of the need to deal with his power and that opens up space for Sergio. Bony really is a fantastic signing for us and I reckon we could be seeing one of the best striking partnerships in the world being formed I kid you not.
^^^
This. This. And this. Wo hooo!

Shouldn't laugh but,

Bony has been informed of his position at Man City

bony.jpg

George Hannah said:
here is Wilf getting his visa in Ghana
is that Jimmy Greaves on the t shirt?

wilfriedvisa_zps807a5e82.jpg

Why is he in Ghana??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.