Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll settle for a load of goals personally, which I think he will deliver over the course of the season. Although I suspect he will also look a bit more enthusiastic too as he settles into things a bit more and the pressure eases on him a bit. I think Silva coming back would benefit him enormously, he requires decent service more than someone like Aguero who can score goals from nothing.

I understand your point about Silva.
Of course if he scores a load of goals I'll eat a nice piece of humble pie.
Until then I'm just not very excited by him and when I watch him play I don't see him do things that fill me with confidence he has the odd flash. I would rather Kelechi get the game time on sat if nothing else to rest bony for the Savilla game.

Bony has been far too static and not interchanging well with his teammates. Goal droughts happen but they are no excuse to stand still.

Last night he passed and moved on multiple occasions and it helped us create attacks. If he can instinctually float to space and create triangles he can help, he's got plenty of skill in his bag. Unfortunately he has seemed to struggle with how he should move in our system.

And by God attack the front post. We have so many players who fancy the shot at the edge of the box. There's a dozen goals to be had just cleaning up in front of the goal

How do you know that Iheanacho has the wherewithal to lead the line by himself?

I don't see Bony as leading anything. He's not demonstrating great vision or creativity. It seems you have to change the team to fit what he is able to do. He can't lead this team sufficiently well in the vision the club seems to have developed. His current touch and positioning don't make him a great target man. Look, I'm getting drawn into slagging him off but all I want is for him to be left out of the team and see how we perform without him. Do you want to stick with him as first choice?

I don't see Bony as leading anything. He's not demonstrating great vision or creativity. It seems you have to change the team to fit what he is able to do. He can't lead this team sufficiently well in the vision the club seems to have developed. His current touch and positioning don't make him a great target man. Look, I'm getting drawn into slagging him off but all I want is for him to be left out of the team and see how we perform without him. Do you want to stick with him as first choice?

Yes. I'd actually like to see both him and Iheanacho again on Saturday, I thought they linked up brilliantly last night.

Last edited:
Don't worry mate, it's not me being laughed at, his performances this season, when did I evaluate them? I just named the games he started and what he contributed. How the team faired. Any Offered were shared by most. Anyone bragging about their loyalty points(nice round number by the way) is quiet obviously talking shite, bet you were at York away too. You'll be showing me your wage slip next, perhaps waving your Porsche key around.

As I say, anything you can do to make your balls look big on the interweb. Good for you.

I'll continue to hope Bony is as good as he can be at City.

Have to admit you caught me out it is not 14,500 it is actually 14,565 and no I didn't go to York away

So that is 14,565 points worth of shit players I have seen over the years

And whilst we are being honest It is also 14,565 more points than you have so try going a few games and start your journey

Goal droughts happen but they are no excuse to stand still.
Scoring 3 in the last 4 isn't really a goal drought is it? I think his movement and link up play has generally been quite good in recent weeks. Second half at old Trafford he was poor but he had done ok in the first half IMO, plenty of decent hold up play and lay offs. His movement and link up play was decent enough last night and was good against Bournemouth. I think people are being overly negative tbh although I accept he hasn't been amazing or anything.

Have to admit you caught me out it is not 14,500 it is actually 14,565 and no I didn't go to York away

And whilst we are being honest It is also 14,565 more points than you have so try going a few games and start your journey

You have a long way to go to mature. The only thing your 14,565 points means to me is that over the years, many poor soles have had to sit and listen to your moaning about our players, but you seem to want us to believe that it means you know what you are talking about.

Balls back out again? You're right, I could do with catching a game or two....

Funny thing is, I'm fully aware of just how many games I've been to, and I don't feel the need to boast about it.

I find it very strange that one so obviously devoted to Manchester City would be so desperate for one of our players to fail, just so you can say, hey look at me, I was right all along.

Good for you.

I'll continue to support Bony and the rest of our players from my seat in block 120 of the Colin Bell. For the record my first season ticket was 1989/90, the season ticket book was ironically red, it's still in my desk draw at work. The following season the book was white. I loved the chewing gum that came in paracetamol foil type packets, only ever seen it at Maine Road. The egg in the bacon & egg butties at the rolling pin was always too runny.

No idea how many loyalty points I've got. Now you can buy them it's defeated the point.

Personally hope Bony grabs three Saturday and we win 6-0, I'm sure you'd prefer him to get subbed at half time and us draw 0-0.

First things first: I didn't watch the second half against the rags yet.

Secondly: I did the first recently though, and I'm quite shocked by the criticism he gets on here from time to time. He was actually good in that half, receiving and controlling few not so easy passes, then playing it quickly thanks to 1 or 2 nice touches forwards (mostly to De Bruyne who was always where he had to). I'm not sure Kun would have done much more in this particular game, though of course Bony's movement remains an issue, so that statement is maybe a bit too much as Kun would have created at least one great chance after running behind Jones etc.

To be fair, against Sevilla I think he was shocking, but it's also our team play which should be a bit more adjusted to him probably. He had a very good partnership with Kelechi the other day; shame about his shocking chance conversion (I'd say that's his biggest issue at City since he came in).

He wasn't particularly good against Palace, but what a fucking header that was to put us through. Also, his movement was quite clever which led to Kelechi's goal.

I said I like players with a string work ethic, Bellamy, tevez and aguero. I mean tevez m aguero are world class. Bellamy not so much but I liked him coz he worked his bloody socks off and I don't see bony doing that. You will probably say he's not that type of player which is fine. But that's my reason

Fucking hell, imagine how much Wilf would sweat if he ran around as much as those 3?? He'd certainly win the sweat off he appears to be having with the Mangala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.