Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Negredo was the absolute bollocks. He had some silky skills. Even though he had a low scoring second half of the season, his 16 goals in the first half of it were testament to how good he was.

I don't agree that Negredo ever performed badly. For some reason his goals just dried up.

Bony has showed he can bang plenty in at PL level as did Negredo in his first 6 months.

I am not knocking Negredo either. I am using him as an example of Bony not being any worse. Negredo's second half of the season is mirroring Wilf's current struggles.

The new Dzeko-esque scapegoat, rightly or wrongly i'm not so sure yet. Ask me again at the end of the season........

What a truly fantastic post. I couldn't have made you look any dafter if I tried.

I explain why I'm all for giving a City player a chance. I thought the fact I'm on a forum called Bluemoon would be a bit of a give away??

So he doesn't deserve ten games? The rest of the post just depends into drivel that highlights your limited understanding of the game.

We'll leave here ah? You want a City player to fail so your balls look big on the Internet, I want him to succed because he's firstly a City player and secondly yet to have opportunity to prove his worth, finally I'm prepared to give him time because people who know far more than me saw fit to invest over £25 million in him. But sure, if only Txiki knew what originalkippaxman knew...
See these are the type of logical discussions we need.
No, he needs more time, no give him time to adjust to our system.Blah blah.

Don't bother offering any insightful opinion, as to why you think he's 'dog turd'.
No, he's just not suited to our system, he comes too deep, his touch isn't what it could be or he relinquishes the ball too easy or lacks a bit of pace.

Just he's "dog turd".

Love City fans sometimes.

I said I like players with a string work ethic, Bellamy, tevez and aguero. I mean tevez m aguero are world class. Bellamy not so much but I liked him coz he worked his bloody socks off and I don't see bony doing that. You will probably say he's not that type of player which is fine. But that's my reason

That's fair enough but in terms of facts and figures if he was to average, just for example, roughly a goal per start when he is standing in for Sergio this season would that be a good enough contribution as a squad player or does he have to look brilliant in his all round game to satisfy you? I don't think he's ever going to be the kind of player some City fans want, he isn't going to chase around and make goals for himself like Tevez did and Aguero does but I do think he will contribute a fair amount of goals.
That's fair enough. See doesn't have to be an argument when you disagree with someone's opinion :)

That's fair enough but in terms of facts and figures if he was to average, just for example, roughly a goal per start when he is standing in for Sergio this season would that be a good enough contribution as a squad player or does he have to look brilliant in his all round game to satisfy you? I don't think he's ever going to be the kind of player some City fans want, he isn't going to chase around and make goals for himself like Tevez did and Aguero does but I do think he will contribute a fair amount of goals.
Realised I didn't answer your question. He doesn't need to look brilliant in all round game just enthusiastic :)

Realised I didn't answer your question. He doesn't need to look brilliant in all round game just enthusiastic :)
I'll settle for a load of goals personally, which I think he will deliver over the course of the season. Although I suspect he will also look a bit more enthusiastic too as he settles into things a bit more and the pressure eases on him a bit. I think Silva coming back would benefit him enormously, he requires decent service more than someone like Aguero who can score goals from nothing.

We all want Bony to do well. And he's not dog turd. But, until last night we've been leaving a currently better alternative on the bench till the last 8 minutes. That's the real issue for me. The comparison between Bony and other options. If Kelechi goes of the boil then maybe Bony will be the better option. Right now he's not.

Kelechi > Bony

Thanks for the insults @schfc6 LOL! I don't have to give you a reason for that opinion, anyone that's been on here for a while will tell you how good a judge of player I am. I don't care how old you think I am, what you post that I say, without quoting it, even if it's untrue, and the continuous insults you throw at me because my opinion is different to yours.
If you would like, just for you, I will at some point tomorrow, go over last nights game and watch Wilf's performance in even more detail and give you a moment by moment report on his play, and movement. Up to you

Please do Ricster, I'd love to read that.

We all want Bony to do well. And he's not dog turd. But, until last night we've been leaving a currently better alternative on the bench till the last 8 minutes. That's the real issue for me. The comparison between Bony and other options. If Kelechi goes of the boil then maybe Bony will be the better option. Right now he's not.

How do you know that Iheanacho has the wherewithal to lead the line by himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.