Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
@City_Watch: Sunday Mirror: Yaya's agent says Yaya "loves City" and wants the club to give him a new contract then an executive role after retirement.

@City_Watch: Yaya's agent also said Sheikh Mansour wouldn't even sell Yaya for £250m and doesn't see him leaving City next summer.

I don't see Yaya going anywhere and personally I hope he doesn't, he is one of the best midfielders in world football regardless of age and is a key leader and figurehead in our team.

I would like to see him to see out his career at City and move into a coaching role like Vieira has done, he may have to take a more rotational role as his age increases but he still has so much to offer.

We would be mad to sell him in my opinion.

PSG will look for younger options anyway and Andy Brassell said if Mancini wants Yaya he will have to pay out of his own back pocket to get him because Inter couldn't afford him.

Completely agree with this, read my mind.

Re: YAYA welcome back

He's the best player in our team & the PL IMO. He's got a few years left in him yet. We need to keep hold of Yaya.

Let him run down his current contract,no new deal.........we get another two decent years and an opportunity to bed in his apprentice.

Life said:
sam-caddick said:
@City_Watch: Sunday Mirror: Yaya's agent says Yaya "loves City" and wants the club to give him a new contract then an executive role after retirement.

@City_Watch: Yaya's agent also said Sheikh Mansour wouldn't even sell Yaya for £250m and doesn't see him leaving City next summer.

I don't see Yaya going anywhere and personally I hope he doesn't, he is one of the best midfielders in world football regardless of age and is a key leader and figurehead in our team.

I would like to see him to see out his career at City and move into a coaching role like Vieira has done, he may have to take a more rotational role as his age increases but he still has so much to offer.

We would be mad to sell him in my opinion.

PSG will look for younger options anyway and Andy Brassell said if Mancini wants Yaya he will have to pay out of his own back pocket to get him because Inter couldn't afford him.

Completely agree with this, read my mind.

I mentioned something along the lines about this a month or so ago (not blowing smoke up my own arse), to me it just makes total business sense
Dirty Harry said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Dirty Harry said:
Pretty much my thoughts mate, he's worth more to us as a player over the next couple of years than any supposed £20m offer, wouldn't completely knock the idea of him doing a job at centre back at some stage, if Demichelis can do it at what 34, then no reason Toure couldn't imo.

I dont think he will play center back.

I can see him having a role similar to lampard though. plan B or plan C. but IMO if managed correctly (no two games per week) he can pretty much operate at a similar level for another year

Maybe not and maybe bud, I suppose ultimately it's the managers choice, regardless, we need to look longer term, I think we need to look at keeping him at the club in some capacity beyond his playing days, similar to Vieira maybe, could (most likely would) be a major factor in getting the best young lads from Africa (amongst other places) to come to us in the future.

Imo, he's worth more to us than just a player, he's an icon, a role model (no matter what we think of him as a result of cake-gate) for many young, gifted footballers, we, as a club, shouldn't under-estimate that, and to be fair, I don't think we will, I think HRH, Khaldoon etc recognise his potential in this area.

I think yesterday showed how important Yaya is to our team..

He only had a steady game but the lift his presence gives to the team is priceless..

I was watching him closely yesterday and he is like the manager on the pitch, directing players where to move..

If we let him go it would take a very special player to replace him and there are not many of them around..

FantasyIreland said:
Let him run down his current contract,no new deal.........we get another two decent years and an opportunity to bed in his apprentice.

To be successful you have to keep your best players, Yaya is one of the best around and can play for a few years yet..

Just think of the amount of games he has won for us, no amount of money can buy that..

Give him a new deal, its a no brainer..

yayas trusty right foot said:
I think yesterday showed how important Yaya is to our team..

He only had a steady game but the lift his presence gives to the team is priceless..

I was watching him closely yesterday and he is like the manager on the pitch, directing players where to move..

If we let him go it would take a very special player to replace him and there are not many of them around..
There are some excellent players about but they haven't got that presence that yaya has.
Even when he does the handshakes at the start he gives the authority and strength of a leader.if we can have a settled team for a few matches we will close the gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.