Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: YAYA welcome back

Love the way he keeps everything ticking over and is in the right place to receive the ball from his team mates. has fantastic ability to keep the ball under pressure and this gives the back four a great out let, just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken some people still slate him, him and Silva are the best we have ever had at city and we should enjoy them while we can

Laughably, The Daily Mail gave him 6/10 in their match ratings, whilst Navas and Lampard were both given 7/10. Makes you wonder if they actually bother to watch the game they are marking.

ancoats said:
aguero93:20 said:
Bluekiwi said:

Birthday boy.

matey he can be whatever he likes off the field but when he puts that blue city top on
he is Mr Manchester city the other teams look at the team sheet and pray he is out. the key player in a team that when we need THAT bit of MAGIC you can bet YAYA is the man

Not disagreeing with any of that, he's still a ****.

Ric said:
Laughably, The Daily Mail gave him 6/10 in their match ratings, whilst Navas and Lampard were both given 7/10. Makes you wonder if they actually bother to watch the game they are marking.

I sometimes wonder if some of ours fans watch the players they are commenting on

ancoats said:
Birthday boy.

matey he can be whatever he likes off the field but when he puts that blue city top on
he is Mr Manchester city the other teams look at the team sheet and pray he is out. the key player in a team that when we need THAT bit of MAGIC you can bet YAYA is the man

Not disagreeing with any of that, he's still a c**t.

Do you know him? Have you met him?

We're not really here said:
ancoats said:

I've met him twice and have no complaints about either occasion, perfect gentleman both times, it's his behaviour towards the club every transfer window and international break that makes him a ****.

I've met him twice and have no complaints about either occasion, perfect gentleman both times, it's his agents behaviour towards the club every transfer window and international break that makes his agent a c**t.

Edited for accuracy

Blue Mooner said:

I've met him twice and have no complaints about either occasion, perfect gentleman both times, it's his agents behaviour towards the club every transfer window and international break that makes his agent a c**t.

Edited for accuracy

He's responsible for his agent's actions mate.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
His best performance of the season yesterday, by some distance. Great to have him back.

You know my thoughts but I will repeat them. He is the heart (or as Zin puts it heartbeat) of the side. Someone else referred to the glue. Whatever, he is our most important player. He is the best player in the league. I'll go as far as saying that never, in my experience, has such a good player been so under-appreciated by his own supporters.

As I have said to you previously, if he were to go in the summer, I cannot see us winning the league next year so we had better hope that he takes to team to another title this year. I think we will need a season to adjust to him going.

I hope that his agent is not spouting bovine excrement in his latest pronouncement but it could just be propaganda as a precursor to excusing him leaving; it could be the start of bargaining for an extension... I firmly believe that we should extend his contract and I would find him post playing career a job, just like we did with Paddy and just as I hope we will with Vinnie: there are certain players that I see a benefit is maintaining a longstanding relationship with the club.

We won't get a like for like replacement for Yaya but we will need someone to take his place in the team and I am adamant that person needs to arrive before Yaya leaves (or hangs up his boots) and play a supporting role before taking the lead role.

The Holistic approach...

According to Simon Mullock in the on line Mirror Ya Ya Toure is ready to commit to Manchester City for life as he eyes director of football role.

"The City talisman's agent has said his client would like to move upstairs at the Etihad when he hangs up his playing boots
According to the Ivory Coast star’s agent, the powerhouse midfielder would love to finish his playing career at the Etihad – before moving upstairs to become the club’s director of football.

Monaco-based Dimitri Seluk will be in Manchester this week to watch City face Barcelona in the Champions League – a game Toure will miss through suspension.

And, in an exclusive interview with Sunday Mirror Sport, he has outlined a grand plan for that would see Toure continue as City’s main man on the pitch before becoming a driving force in the boardroom.

Seluk said: “Yaya loves Manchester City and, despite what is sometimes said, he is happy at the club.

“In fact, he would like to stay for life. He would love nothing better than to finish his playing career with City and then work for the club after that.

“That’s why I want City to give Yaya a new contract, to show him that they want him to be part of the future.

“It is not about money. It is about keeping Yaya at the club until his playing days are over and showing the club’s best player that he is respected and loved.

“When he stops playing, then Yaya could have an executive role, perhaps as sporting director.

“Think about it. He has played in Belgium, Ukraine, Greece, France, Spain and England.

“He has won championships with Olympiakos, Barcelona and Manchester City. He has won the Champions League and the African Cup of Nations.

“He knows world football. The only market that City want to buy players from at the moment is Spain.”

Seluk added: “City can become a great club in the future if they forget about this crazy plan about becoming the next Barcelona. City have two Spanish executives (sporting director Txiki Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano).

“They came from Barca and now they are obsessed with turning City into the club they left. That is not only impossible, it is foolish. There can only ever be one Barcelona.

“City should be looking to establish their own identity, not dream about becoming Barca Mark II.

“And, in my opinion, I think someone with Yaya’s experience can do that.”

Toure has made noises that have suggested he is becoming unsettled with life in Manchester after almost five years at the Etihad.

And former City boss Roberto Mancini has suggested that the 31-year-old could be Inter Milan-bound in the summer. But Seluk said: “Sheikh Mansour wouldn’t sell Yaya – not even for £250million."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.