Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Rascal said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Yaya was/is going through the motions, it has no relationship to performance.

You missed out in your opinion.

Because your opinion has no relation to facts. You simply do not nor cannot know the facts.

You do not know what Yaya was instructed to do by Pellers. You do not know what the overall instructions to the team were. All you can do is assume and procrastinate.

In my opinion Yaya was not on top of his game or anywhere near the other night, but he was not alone. Yet he still looked most likely to fashion any counter attacks we had.

His problem is his languid style looks like he doesnt care but we cant change that. And some of the hysterical overaction on this thread is basically just pathetic and shows most football fans know fuck all about football.

You been out on the piss, mate?

:-)

I have said this many times, I don't think he should play in midfield anymore. It really does not make any sense. He is an attacking player and has always been unreliable when it comes to defending. That is not his game. The reasonable thing will be to take advantage of what he can do going forward rather than losing on two sides
-defensively because he really does not do any defending and it makes the team vulnerable especially against top teams.
-offensively because he is forced to sit deep and not really display his array of skills up front except in certain occasions where he drives forward or later on in games where he is pushed up front due to a tactical reshuffle.

So there is no need to play him as a central midfielder. Just push him up with a striker and we have midfield players that can fill that position. Milner for one should be playing more matches in that position than is the case. We have the Fernando brothers and Lampard can still do a job in my opinion.

So Yaya should be used as a supporting striker or a free roaming attacking midfielder from now on for the good of the team.

Blueband Brother said:
I have said this many times, I don't think he should play in midfield anymore. It really does not make any sense. He is an attacking player and has always been unreliable when it comes to defending. That is not his game. The reasonable thing will be to take advantage of what he can do going forward rather than losing on two sides
-defensively because he really does not do any defending and it makes the team vulnerable especially against top teams.
-offensively because he is forced to sit deep and not really display his array of skills up front except in certain occasions where he drives forward or later on in games where he is pushed up front due to a tactical reshuffle.

So there is no need to play him as a central midfielder. Just push him up with a striker and we have midfield players that can fill that position. Milner for one should be playing more matches in that position than is the case. We have the Fernando brothers and Lampard can still do a job in my opinion.

So Yaya should be used as a supporting striker or a free roaming attacking midfielder from now on for the good of the team.
i think that is exactly the reason,the club brought in Fernando,unfortunatly,he picks up an injury at the worst possible time,i for one am going to wait and see how that midfield, pans out before making any knee jerk reactions ,

Blueband Brother said:

+1

i♥city! said:
Blueband Brother said:

+1
Make that +2.

I have said it elsewhere but since the take over he has been your best and most influential player. Far from me to tell City fans how to feel about him, but I personally think his behaviour was very poor in the summer and it has effected how some people here are judging him. For virtually every great moment City have had in recent times he has been involved and virtually every time things have gone badly he has been injured. Just think of his goals in the cup finals. That being said he was very poor on Wednesday and he is 31 now. Yaya is also a big bloke and it may effect him more in the later days of his career than someone in better shape with a less bulky build. I would not be shocked if his best days were behind him. That being said he has not had a proper preseason and has suffered the death of his brother, which could just mean he is not in the right frame of mind.

As the above poster said I don't see why City fans don't realise that Toure is not the greatest defensively and against a top team he cannot really play in a two man midfield now. I don't see why he gets so much criticism for it. I will compare Toure to two other world class players around his level: Kroos and Fabregas. These two don't get anywhere near as much stick for being limited defensively and having to play in a 3 for the big games. However, City have gone in to too many games with Yaya in a 2 man midfield. Watch how few if any big game Fabregas will start in a 2 and also look at the problems Madrid will have if they start Kroos and Modric in a 2.

I personally think you will Yaya to win a major trophy and if he does not pick up his form then you won't win the Premiership or the CL.

Finally all I can say is that if he does leave then on a much, much lower level it is similar to things with Dougie for us. For me Dougie will always be a legend, my favourite ever palace player and the man, who saved our club.

I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and put his latest performance to having one of them days, Lets get behind him for the Chelsea game and smash the fukkers !! It is early season and as much as he pissed me off big time against ze German rags we need to be behind our team and players and not on their backs. lets give him a few more games to get into the groove and judge him then.

CrownPointBlue said:
Perhaps that's because the manager & coaches see ALL of his contribution and fully understand his technical,tactical as well as physical value. All opposing teams will be delighted if yayas not playing

However,I would've subbed him on Wednesday and I've never believed him to be Captain (Vice) material. He can be criticised but shouldn't be abused by some of the vile descriptions on here. We're CITY fans not rags or tarquins. CTID.

What is more vile, calling someone a **** or falsely accusing someone of denying them the ability to see a dying brother. Sticks and stones don't come close to life and death in my book. To each his own though.

allblues09 said:
Wow! I want to congratulate everyone. This is one of the most absurd threads on bluemoon in recent memory. That really says a lot.

I love how quickly people are willing to turn on our team and players.

Were you in a coma this summer? He turned on the club and the supporters, not the other way around.

Bobbins said:
I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and put his latest performance to having one of them days, Lets get behind him for the Chelsea game and smash the fukkers !! It is early season and as much as he pissed me off big time against ze German rags we need to be behind our team and players and not on their backs. lets give him a few more games to get into the groove and judge him then.

I am behind my team and I'm happy with City's start to the season. But, what I don't like it when player isn't helping his team.

If the guy wants to jog, he can fuck off and do it for free around Wythenshawe park.

Blueband Brother said:

^This.

I can't agree with pushing Yaya further upfield. We have better options up front and Yayas biggest contribution to the team is his ability to spray passes around whilst rarely losing possession, and then his lung bursting runs from deep when he completely annihilates the opposition.
When he's motivated there is no player like him in the world. When he can't be arsed, he is a liability. Changing his position won't change his attitude, motivate him and keep him where he is. If he can't be motivated or he is no longer capable of those devastating runs, then its time to get rid. No passengers in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.