Players made scapegoats and unfairly treated by fans

Think we could make a team up of misfit mercenaries who should never of donned the sky blue shirt or played for our club ,get them to play a charity match v old city pro's who we adored , the only thing would be, the cesspits wouldn't turn up couldn't be arsed,to busy counting their money !
lol!
Obviously after the take over we needed to be very aggressive in the transfer market to meet our goals,clearly,it worked a treat as we are now very much a bone fide footballing juggernaut! however,we also attracted many a mercernary,some of who proved their worth far more than others.....ultimately,i think on balance we did ok,and i cant imagine we will ever again sign a player who doesn't properly want to be here ;-)

Obviously after the take over we needed to be very aggressive in the transfer market to meet our goals,clearly,it worked a treat as we are now very much a bone fide footballing juggernaut! however,we also attracted many a mercernary,some of who proved their worth far more than others.....ultimately,i think on balance we did ok,and i cant imagine we will ever again sign a player who doesn't properly want to be here ;-)
I think Karl Doon said as much himself, maybe more so with the introduction of FFP, ie they had to bring their initial plans forward so a big spend was needed to try and negate some of that .

I think Karl Doon said as much himself, maybe more so with the introduction of FFP, ie they had to bring their initial plans forward so a big spend was needed to try and negate some of that .

Yep,we had little choice but to offer terms that were attractive to a player that wouldnt have otherwise given us a second glance.Saying that,i think the majority were surprised after a short while and seeing what was happening behind the scenes,and the special club that we are......they fully bought into the project.

Once a Blue..!

I'll never forget sitting in front of some old bloke in the stadium who hated, HATED, David Silva. Moaned about him all game, said "thank fuck for that" when he got subbed, I don't think he said much about how frustrated he was with him. What can you say sometimes?
Never had @Jack74 down as old.

I cut Adebayor more slack than most, the Togo bus shooting only months after he joined clearly affected him

One thing i did enjoy with Adebayor was when he scored that goal against his old team Arsenal & ran the length of the pitch & celebrated his goal in front of their fans ! hilarious ha!ha!

Adebayor may have been a bit of a waste of space as a player, but that celebration in front of the Arse away fans makes him a bit of a legend in my eyes.

One thing i did enjoy with Adebayor was when he scored that goal against his old team Arsenal & ran the length of the pitch & celebrated his goal in front of their fans ! hilarious ha!ha!
Adebayor may have been a bit of a waste of space as a player, but that celebration in front of the Arse away fans makes him a bit of a legend in my eyes.
Worth every penny in fees and wages just for that moment alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.