Player's Perspective On Being Boo'd By Fans

macmanson said:
Seeing as there have been a number of threads on here with fans arguing the pros and cons of boo'ing players, I thought it was interesting to have a player's viewpoint. Here is an interview with Kolo Toure after the Birmingham game where the reporter asks him about being boo'd by City fans.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/City-v-Birmingham-Kolos-reaction

Knowing that it does bother players to be boo'd and discourages them, does that alter any one's view point? For the record, I'm not against fans boo'ing their own teams, but I don't necessarily feel compelled to do it myself.

They cant have it both ways - when they do the business we cheer even when they get best as long as they have out a shidt in most fans whilst dissapointed take the defeat in a reasonable manner.

If they play shit then they deserve a bolllocking

he doesn't say much either way about the booing....

but he does make some good points about the teams problems with counter-attacks, and he points out how frustrated they were to not get the three points before Fulham and Stoke, which he thinks will be very difficult games...

Fulham should be easy, I think.

Prestwich_Blue said:
macmanson said:
Knowing that it does bother players to be boo'd and discourages them, does that alter any one's view point?
It works both ways. It bothers and discourages me when the team I pay good money to watch can barely manage a decent chance against Birmingham.

This is where the problem seems to lie in my mind BUT why should we just turn up and beat Birmingham, they are in the premiership on merit. Booing does not help the team and it also pisses off the majority of City fans.

dickie davies said:
I'm not even going to listen to his opinion of if they get booed it discourages them, because it's truly pathetic and shows what a pampered gang of twats footballers are

Maybe you should watch the video and see just how gutted he looks about it.

Ricster said:
dickie davies said:
I'm not even going to listen to his opinion of if they get booed it discourages them, because it's truly pathetic and shows what a pampered gang of twats footballers are

I think they should just STFU and do their talking on the pitch

Ricster said:
dickie davies said:

They (the booers) don't give a shit mate as the footballers get paid lots and therefore, they don't feel human emotions.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:09 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
Ricster said:
I'm sure he cried all the way to the bank.

Seriously mate - why so jealous?

Booing is very twatish behaiour and something I will never ever understand. It's proper chucking the toys out of the pram!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.