Player's Perspective On Being Boo'd By Fans

Didsbury Dave said:
sniff said:
their comes a point where the inane drivel of "get behind the team" seems somewhat lacking in my opinion. and that opinion is not the minority, and is shared by many of the so called "real fans".

Good post mate. Every City fan I know has the same opinion, too. things are not right.

One of my mates opined earlier (whilst laughing on the phone about the ridiculous head in the sand stance of some on here) that these "Get behind the manager FFS" buffoons are new fans. He might be right. I think it's the less knowledgeable and the young, personally.

-- Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:23 pm --

benji1967 said:
stewards should throw them out if caught
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

On that comedy classic I'm going to leave it for the weekend.

My dad always say's we should get behind the manager and the team and he is 64 but what does he know he's only been a City fan for 52 years

SWP's back said:
sniff said:
yes .......... nail on the head its all the fans fault

I do think that as a whole we think the grass may always be greener.

Hate to say it but I think Fergie wouldn't have lasted at our gaff during his first couple of years.

well if you look back he wouldnt have made it at united had any fans had their way.

yes managers need time agreed, this isnt the managers fault though. i 110% think the players are to blame.

all this attitude in the press, the alarming form of some players. SWP for example, not played a good game in over a year.... yet he is in the papers with his gobshite dad telling the world he is being mugged off... well poor lad is only on £70k a week.

then Tevez and his constant moaning about anything, oh and not bothering to learn the language, Yaya Toure well is he really that bad ?

AJ 2 England call ups and hes our Messi, well i didnt see a sure pick player las sat.

their are many more, until you take a stand against those attitudes your never gona get anywhere.

so to hear Kolo moan about the fans, whilst the behaviour of the players is awfull. Well i wish i was in that room to tell him my view

all the fans fault[/quote]

I do think that as a whole we think the grass may always be greener.

Hate to say it but I think Fergie wouldn't have lasted at our gaff during his first couple of years.[/quote]

well if you look back he wouldnt have made it at united had any fans had their way.

yes managers need time agreed, this isnt the managers fault though. i 110% think the players are to blame.

all this attitude in the press, the alarming form of some players. SWP for example, not played a good game in over a year.... yet he is in the papers with his gobshite dad telling the world he is being mugged off... well poor lad is only on £70k a week.

then Tevez and his constant moaning about anything, oh and not bothering to learn the language, Yaya Toure well is he really that bad ?

AJ 2 England call ups and hes our Messi, well i didnt see a sure pick player las sat.

their are many more, until you take a stand against those attitudes your never gona get anywhere.

so to hear Kolo moan about the fans, whilst the behaviour of the players is awfull. Well i wish i was in that room to tell him my view

but until the fans stop seeing the innocent players and the bad manager we wont get anywhere. People dontdare to knock Tevez, but he has done more to publicly undermine the club and manager, than any ammount of fans booing in the stands.

Yet he is a hero taking our club forward ??

dickie davies said:
I'm not even going to listen to his opinion of if they get booed it discourages them, because it's truly pathetic and shows what a pampered gang of twats footballers are

If you have such a negative opinion about footballers (it aint there fault wages are so fekkin ridiculous) i really hope you don't come to the games, because no doubt you are one of the boo boys... Its obvious booing will discourage players, nothing to do with how much they earn, it is human emotion and karma. The 12th man can play a major part, if that part is booing do you really think they want to bust a gut for us and feel confident enough to put on a good performance.

C1TY4LIFE said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Good post mate. Every City fan I know has the same opinion, too. things are not right.

One of my mates opined earlier (whilst laughing on the phone about the ridiculous head in the sand stance of some on here) that these "Get behind the manager FFS" buffoons are new fans. He might be right. I think it's the less knowledgeable and the young, personally.

-- Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:23 pm --

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

On that comedy classic I'm going to leave it for the weekend.

My dad always say's we should get behind the manager and the team and he is 64 but what does he know he's only been a City fan for 52 years

is he some sort of glory hunter?
who did he support for the first twelve years ?

I would want him to answer these questions before I blindly thought he was some sort of an oracle

pedigreeblue said:
dickie davies said:
I'm not even going to listen to his opinion of if they get booed it discourages them, because it's truly pathetic and shows what a pampered gang of twats footballers are

If you have such a negative opinion about footballers (it aint there fault wages are so fekkin ridiculous) i really hope you don't come to the games, because no doubt you are one of the boo boys... Its obvious booing will discourage players, nothing to do with how much they earn, it is human emotion and karma. The 12th man can play a major part, if that part is booing do you really think they want to bust a gut for us and feel confident enough to put on a good performance.

well the fans who are unhappy clearly come under that same argument. If the players gave their all no one would be moaning. If you quote Karma as a term of proving people wrong, you must understand that Karma also suggest's the other side of the coin.

A theory clearly missing from your one sided argument

macmanson said:
Seeing as there have been a number of threads on here with fans arguing the pros and cons of boo'ing players, I thought it was interesting to have a player's viewpoint. Here is an interview with Kolo Toure after the Birmingham game where the reporter asks him about being boo'd by City fans.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/City-v-Birmingham-Kolos-reaction

Knowing that it does bother players to be boo'd and discourages them, does that alter any one's view point? For the record, I'm not against fans boo'ing their own teams, but I don't necessarily feel compelled to do it myself.

boo fuckin hoo......let them slog all week for a measly wage and scrimping about in the old coin jar to find car parking money...they don't know they are born half of them

el_genio said:
I think booing should only be for a lack of effort. Nobody wants to play badly.

I would agree with this viewpoint. I don't think a team having some bad luck should get boo'd, but a team putting in a poor effort whether winning or losing is game for booing for me.

whp.blue said:
C1TY4LIFE said:

is he some sort of glory hunter?
who did he support for the first twelve years ?

I would want him to answer these questions before I blindly thought he was some sort of an oracle

To answer your questions

(In the Bluemoon world)

Yes he is
Manchester United

(In the real world)

No he isn't
Man City follower

To me my dad is god of Man City that takes every game as they come then moves on the next day after each game, the guy isn't getting any younger and I'm pretty sure we both as father and son would like to see the team we both love win something side by side, but changing mangers every season and a half this probably won't happen (which I'll be gutted if it doesn't).

Me and my dad both like Mancini's tactics (the slow boring no counter-attacking football) but I guess me and my old man are two in a million.

Chick Counterfly said:
To me it's basic emotional intelligence; the sharing of the good and the bad times by players and fans creates a bond, it provides a sense of community and support that helps people through the bad times, and spurs them on. This is surely what Liverpool mean when they say 'You'll never walk alone'.

Booing is just a group of fans saying, argh, it's bad for us, and shoving it all at the player's feet.

I think it's moronic to pretend that people stop having normal human reactions just because they are professional sportsmen, or have money in the bank. They grow thick skins, but there is an inevitable psychological response to having fourty thousand people, who you assume are on your side, say they don't like you. You try standing in a room full of random people pointing and shouting at you. It hurts, it confuses people, depresses them, makes them feel less worthwhile and capable. Those are just simple facts, the most basic rules of emotions.

Pay me £100k a week and I'll stand in a room every day and get booed, never mind just for two minutes on a Saturday with my mates stood around me.

And regarding the "psycological effect" well I hope it does have an effect that they pull together and put more effort in.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:42 pm --<br /><br />
pedigreeblue said:
dickie davies said:

They should be busting a gut because it's their job and a very well paid and privelliged one

booing shows players we are not putting up with half arsed performances *cough* yaya toure. we shell out, so we get an opinion. playing badly shouldnt be booed, as long as you put in 100% having a bad game is acceptable. think the booing of mancinis sub was a showing of frustration, we can hardly create a chance and we are taking off a striker for a holding midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.