Players supposedly unhappy

It is media speculation, no more. Personally losing Aguero and Garcia already makes it no sense to let any of the senior squad go, maybe with the exception of Mendy. Maybe they will need to trade a player plus cash deal for someone to replace Kun but I think Ake and Jesus need to stay, and maybe Laporte too. Sterling for Kane would make financial sense, but like Jesus, Sterling does an amazing run of form, scores a lot and then seems to go flat for a couple of months. Ake and Laporte would be sufficient cover for centre back and left back, but lose one of those and we would be in trouble. I know Cancelo is a left sided defender and we have Zinchenko, but I like the versatility of Laporte and Ake. I think the squad are happy, they certainly seemed that way in celebrating the Carabao Cup and champions of the Premier League, and despite some head-scratching about why neither Rodri or Fernandinho were included in the Champions League Final, if Foden’s early chance hadn’t been blocked and Kev hadn’t been injured, it could easily have swung our way. By all means strengthen the squad, but we mustn’t let good players go to get a great one, if the great one gets injured early season, then what?

Last edited:
Speculation but people like Rodri shouldn't complain. I mean he has played so much and was dropped In final bcoz he shat all over place against BHA and Chelsea.

Bernardo? He has played all big games in CL recently so can't complain about game time. Yes he can complain about not getting proper position fixed.

Cancelo? Poor form

LaPorte? Yes less minutes but he should hold on, he will get more time next season

Can't imagine that Fernadinho or Rodri are too happy at the moment

Or Laporte, gone from indispensable to 1st rotation, now that is on him imo, he came back not in the best of form and lost his place to a rejuvenated Stones and Dias, not really shown the fight to get ahead of either of them tbh.

There is probably some truth to it, as you’d expect. However, would take today’s articles with a pinch of salt. The Athletic in particular are not a gold standard of football journalism despite what they try and pitch themselves as. They’re results driven and as they paywall their content they need headlines that entice people to pay. City and other clubs are weary of the aggressive style of The Athletic’s writing staff, so you may well notice that The Athletic might get more access to former players for interviews, but The Athletic articles don’t feature nearly as many direct quotes from sources as you will have seen from other publications. They’re a wealthy company that can pay for access, but read their work and the access they have is inconsistent. Had it not been the case that they were offering £1 a month for a subscription, I wouldn’t have renewed, just not a very good or interesting publication. Look at the work put out now versus a few years ago and the City reporter got more ‘exclusives’ from people within the club when he was at Goal.

I saw three ships go sailing by, sailing by, sailing by, I saw three ships go sailing by....how could I see them? I live 30 miles approximately from the nearest beach.
In other words what I’ve just typed is as true as what the rats in the media have typed. A load of tripe from a bevy of trash.

IMHO
The ship canal ? ;-)

This “story” emanated from Sam Lee at the athletic, and despite what some his gormless lackeys think he is a genuine KFA. The same Sam Lee who confirmed that Rodri and Cancelo were starting on Saturday night
Can you link where he said that mate?

I can only imagine Laporte being unhappy which tbh he does have a reason to, he's certainly good enough to play most games in any top team, just Ruben and Stones have formed a better partnership. Maybe Sterling as well but if he is I'd get rid of him, if your form has been as bad as his, he should not expect to play any games let alone the final of the UCL.

There will always be some players who think it's time to move on, for game time or personal reasons, and some we want to leave: it is a natural cycle at a club and absolutely necessary to stay at the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.