Players that frustrate you and why

theholyswan

Just thought I would list a couple of my frustrations regarding our current squad.

Do not get me wrong, I like our team and it is by far the best squad City has ever had in my existance but there are some players that have some really frustrating traits and I have listed them below:

Kolarov:-Seems to think he is fast and often tries in vein to run past players.
The majority of his crosses fail to get over the first man in critical situations.

Kolo Toure:- Goes down pretty much every game feining injury only to get up doing some weird skipping/hopping motion followed by the 'kolo trot' where he trots away with his arms tucked into his side.

Joleon Lescott:- Seemed to score at least 5 a season for Everton, where has that ability disappeared to?

David Silva:-Just doesn't shoot enough and when he does it trickles through to the keeper.

Gareth Barry:- Looks for the foul all the time.
Is guilty of ball watching so frequently.
Seems like when we are desperate for a goal he is always the player that gives that stupid foul away and allows the other team to waste more time.
Scored lots for Villa in his day, that side of his game seems to have disappeared for us.

James Milner:-Scored lots for Villa in his day, that side of his game seems to have disappeared for us.

Yaya Toure:- Seems to spend 20 minutes each game sat on his arse looking up at the ref pulling his socks up.

Edin Dzeko:- Just shoot mate, we all know you can.
Seems like he is trying to pass it too much to please his team mates.

Mario Balotelli:- Possibly the most frustrating player i have ever seen.
Stop going down so easy.
Don't let opposition players wind you up.
Today has to be the first game you haven't received a card for us.
Stop wearing silly hats.
Gives away so many needless fouls.

Anyway before anyone says get behind the team, believe me I am. These are just observations regarding frustrating traits that our players have. If i was to list their qualities the list would be huge.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed these things?

Every player who played football has some things that can cause frustration.
The best ones cause you the least. :-)

Kolarov bombs down the left, receives a pass and then goes backward with his next pass. I mean I know a lot of that time it isn't his fault that no one forward is open, but frustrating.

other frustrating things:
-Milner as a winger
-Silva/Kolarov/Barry/Lescott not able to complete the most rudimentary of sideways passes with their right foot, they have to completely turn their body to make the pass.
-Joe Hart usually kicks the ball straight out of play once every game.
-Richards knocks himself out usually once every game.

Richards: The stupid lapse in concentration came back again today and cost us the game. He has the talent, he played brilliantly last month and most of this month but then something like that foul today happens. Plus he manages to knock himself out every other game.

TheMidnightClaret said:
Richards: The stupid lapse in concentration came back again today and cost us the game. He has the talent, he played brilliantly last month and most of this month but then something like that foul today happens. Plus he manages to knock himself out every other game.

Very true, it was a pretty simple chain of events today too.

Richards playing well.
David Luiz does a bit of trickery and embarrasses Richards.
Richards tries to do a heroic tackle because of his embarrassed adrenaline and ends up taking a lump out of Luiz instead.
Chelsea score.

My main 3

Barry - Has no pace and brings fuck all to the team.

Milner - Played on the wing (Mancinis doing) and struggles to impact a game. If he isn't played in the middle AJ should start.

Hart - Awful distribution and it hasn't improved all season. Can't see a pass to save his life

RyantheBlue said:
TheMidnightClaret said:

Very true, it was a pretty simple chain of events today too.

Richards playing well.
David Luiz does a bit of trickery and embarrasses Richards.
Richards tries to do a heroic tackle because of his embarrassed adrenaline and ends up taking a lump out of Luiz instead.
Chelsea score.

Richards, is a good example of someone that would have made my list at the start of the season, but to be fair to him he seems to have nearly ironed out all of his mistakes. The one thing he can't correct is his intelligence and unfortunately for us, he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, saying that most footballers are the same.

lescott - still sometimes treats the ball like its a bomb and shits his pants so he passes quickly to someone closest to him (today he was excellent though)

jo- erm,just lol really no explantion needed

richards - very clumsy,gives away shitty freekicks,etc

kolarov- too slow, gets easily ripped for pace,shoots ALL the time when you just know he isnt going to score

barry- hasnt got any pace atall, dont see why he gets into the squad week in week out milner should be playing in his role

mario - ha dont get me started on this guy. most frustrating player iv seen live i think,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.