Players that you forgot played for a team

John Aldridge at liverpool
He was a legend at Oxford, Newport and Tranmere. But did you know he played for the dippers for a couple of seasons in the 80s

Watched a prem classic on Sky today, arse v spuds, I completely forgot about Vedran Corluka playing for us. He was a damn fine defender aswell (at the time), and I remember being gutted he left us.
Didn’t he transfer on the takeover day? He must have felt sick when it happened! I remember treading the news of his impending departure, feeling gutted when it happened and then completely forgetting about when the big news hit the headlines! Maybe if he had stayed we would not have had to endure the Wayne Bridge saga although I know Ćorluka mostly played right back he could cover all 4 defensive positions well.

I only found out a couple of year ago that he played for us.....cant remember him whatsoever.
Apparently was at the rags too.
I seem to remember some trivia fact about him being one of few or the only player to have played for both sides of Merseyside and a Manchester? Or was it even for all 4 sides in their respective local derbies?

Ian Rush playing at Newcastle (and even more mentally at Sheffield United!)....cant be true...of course lest we forget he is a Candlepool legend who never left the city, only watched Brookside and had had a photo of Nerys Hughes tatooed on his arse, scouse legend that he is.

Hes also a wanker! Saw him in Sydney Australia just after hed moved there, he was hammered and wasnt allowed in the Shark Bay Hotel. Tried the old "do you know who I am" ritual. Gleefully some Aussie Rule reject bouncer, gave him the "I dont give a shit who you are youre not coming in now f*** off"...he trudged away, tail between his legs, I say tail, more likely to have been his massive hooter.
Wasn’t there a story about City wanting to buy him as a youngster and Swales saying no?

Didn’t he transfer on the takeover day? He must have felt sick when it happened! I remember treading the news of his impending departure, feeling gutted when it happened and then completely forgetting about when the big news hit the headlines! Maybe if he had stayed we would not have had to endure the Wayne Bridge saga although I know Ćorluka mostly played right back he could cover all 4 defensive positions well.
He left just before the takeover, as he was replaced by Zaba, who was the last to arrive pre-Sheikh Mansour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.