Players to take the knee on “specific moments” this season

I don't even notice when they do it now, so it's definitely run its course.
It was supposed to highlight the fight against racism,but it lost most of its impact at least a season ago.
Yeah, I'd agree. The impact of doing it has diminished now. It was a great idea, for a great cause, when it was introduced. The campaign needs to carry on, but with some new ideas.

In a statement, the league said: "The Premier League supports the players' decision and, alongside the clubs, will use these opportunities to elevate anti-racism messaging as part of the League's No Room for Racism Action Plan."

Players will take the knee during this weekend's opening games of the season, at dedicated No Room for Racism matches in October and March, Boxing Day fixtures after the World Cup has finished, the last day of the season and the FA and EFL cup finals

I simple peaceful 5 second knee to show support and remind morons not to be racist and discriminatory really seemed to wind some people up
And it did it’s job well until it continued to be done without any discussion. This is where it ran its course and targeted games will be far more impactful moving forwards.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.