players who city came close to signing

Late 70's we were interested and agreed terms with Platini before Big Mal vetoed the transfer due to the young Platini's poor injury record at the time.

Also linked heavily with Gullit before he went to Italy?

Figo
Best
Rush
Wright
Nasri
Giggs
Drogba
Guti
Guily (spelling)
Anelka (from turkey before he went to bolton, pearce said he was past it and signed Samaras!!!!)

______________________________________________________________________________________

Michael Johnson was actually training at Everton pre-season as we wouldn't pay him £60k a week!! he soon realised what was going on here and had a sudden change of heart!!

4times said:
Figo
Best
Rush
Wright
Nasri
Giggs
Drogba
Guti
Guily (spelling)
Anelka (from turkey before he went to bolton, pearce said he was past it and signed Samaras!!!!)

______________________________________________________________________________________

Michael Johnson was actually training at Everton pre-season as we wouldn't pay him £60k a week!! he soon realised what was going on here and had a sudden change of heart!!

No, he wasn't.

cityblue32 said:
Eidur Gudjonhsen during the Royle days.Apparently he wasn't worth £3million.

I heard the story on this one was that Bolton wanted 4m, we wouldn't budge so we went for Wanchope instead for 3.75m

Book tells the story about agree a fee to sign Ardiles after the 78 world cup. A fee was agreed over the phone but when Book and Swales went to meet him at Sheffield of all places (something to do with Bergara and an Argie player i cant remember name of) the fee went up by about 100K. Days later it was announced that Ardiles and Villa sign for spurs.

Fuck me this thread has cheered me up! No matter how many times I fuck things up it seems city always outdo me! Didn't we nearly sign rush too only for mal to think him not good enough?

Fucking love city!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.