Players who have left us under a cloud or on bad terms?

Was thinking today that this doesn’t seem to happen very often any more.

The goodbyes in recent years to Zabba, Kun, Silva and Fern and Vinny speak volumes of how well we look after our players. Even Otamendi didn’t have a bad word to say when we seapped

Can only really think of Nolitto who hated Manchester and maybe Torres who was homesick but says a lot that players seem to want to be here for a long time. Kev will do 10 years, Gundo not that far off 8.

In the old days we seemed to have a lot more who didn’t get us?! Robert Hopkins springs to mind!
I am not sure what you mean on bad terms but if you mean players that we would have wanted to be kept? I would've been happy to see both Milner and Delph stay. I was a fan of Negredo also. I thought Nolito was crap. Torres stinks of a pre-agreement but thought he would have been a world beater if he stayed at City. I am struggling to think of too many others.

Going back a bit, but Kit Symons said a few bad things about us to the press when he left for Portsmouth. Said they were better equipped for promotion and glad he'd left...etc...etc.

We were a bit of a state, as a club, at the time, so maybe it was deserved, but you never want to hear it from a player who was kinda decent for us, do you.
Yes I remember thinking he was a bit of a tosser when he did that but in fairness we were a basket case. Has spoken more warmly about us, and particularly the fans, in the subsequent years.

So was i.
Peter Barnes was my favourite player when i first started going games
I used to love reading “Watson (Manchester City)… Barnes (Manchester City)” in the MEN when it published England line-ups. When Big Mal put them, Owen and Channon on the transfer list it was like an early warning (aged 9) of what it was going to be like getting your heart broken. Barnes and Owen mightn’t have left under a cloud, but I watched them go from under a dirty great big grey one.

Was thinking today that this doesn’t seem to happen very often any more.

The goodbyes in recent years to Zabba, Kun, Silva and Fern and Vinny speak volumes of how well we look after our players. Even Otamendi didn’t have a bad word to say when we seapped

Can only really think of Nolitto who hated Manchester and maybe Torres who was homesick but says a lot that players seem to want to be here for a long time. Kev will do 10 years, Gundo not that far off 8.

In the old days we seemed to have a lot more who didn’t get us?! Robert Hopkins springs to mind!
Are you foreseeing any snide comments from any of our expected/rumoured departures this summer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.