Players who might improve us

Couldn’t agree more. We need a pacey right footer and a left footer. Then we need someone who can thread passes between the lines like Silva used to do.

No easy task but Diaby would be a great start.
We really miss those patterns of play between Silva, Sane/Sterling etc. Unfortunately players like Silva don't grow on trees (best player in City's history in my opinion). Only player I can think of with quality to do what he did is Odegaard but that move won't happen any time soon.

Complete opposite to what Pep wants.

If Pep wanted a fast winger he would have bought one. Instead we have continued to invest in controlling midfielders.
I agree but I think most of us are tired watching the sideways and backwards passing. We've sacrificed the pace and incision of our attacks with Sane and Sterling and Pep's opted for a slower controlling play. Much preferred watching fast flowing football of a few years ago than the football we're playing at the moment.

I agree but I think most of us are tired watching the sideways and backwards passing. We've sacrificed the pace and incision of our attacks with Sane and Sterling and Pep's opted for a slower controlling play. Much preferred watching fast flowing football of a few years ago than the football we're playing at the moment.
I don't disagree mate but I just don't see Pep going back. Unless in the summer he has a change of plan. Bernardo and Gundogan gone, to be replaced with Bellingham and someone else would be an immediate injection of pace and power to the midfield. Maybe Mahrez goes as well and we go buy someone like Leao. Then everything changes in an instant

Football,ultimately,is about entertainment.What we are witnessing these days is anything but.

A new approach and new ideas are badly needed.

I don't see Pep changing anything for the remainder of the season either. We definitely need some fresh legs in the middle (Bellingham and Nunes for Wolves would be great fits imo) and I'm hoping Pep reverts to the fast exciting football next season.
I don't disagree mate but I just don't see Pep going back. Unless in the summer he has a change of plan. Bernardo and Gundogan gone, to be replaced with Bellingham and someone else would be an immediate injection of pace and power to the midfield. Maybe Mahrez goes as well and we go buy someone like Leao. Then everything changes in an instant

Bellingham
MacAllister
Gnoto
Robinson

Immediately transforms and improves us.

Shift out
------------------

Mahrez
Gundo
Gomez
Cancelo

Possibly.....Laporte and Silva too.

This summer is huge for us. Recent transfer windows has felt like all we needed was a couple of signings to freshen up the squad. We might need as many as half a dozen coming in this summer.

I would like to see us concentrate funds on players who improve the starting XI now, or at least have the potential to do so in the near future. I want us to move away from Ake/Philips/Gomes type purchases, where they bulk out the squad, but don't really improve a regular starting XI. I would rather these positions in the squad were taken up by youngsters coming through the academy, and the £30m here and the £40m there instead becomes £70m spent on a single player who seriously challenges for a starting place.

This summer is huge for us. Recent transfer windows has felt like all we needed was a couple of signings to freshen up the squad. We might need as many as half a dozen coming in this summer.

I would like to see us concentrate funds on players who improve the starting XI now, or at least have the potential to do so in the near future. I want us to move away from Ake/Philips/Gomes type purchases, where they bulk out the squad, but don't really improve a regular starting XI. I would rather these positions in the squad were taken up by youngsters coming through the academy, and the £30m here and the £40m there instead becomes £70m spent on a single player who seriously challenges for a starting place.
I agree to a certain extent but there is not many that we can buy that would improve our normal starting 11. We have been hit hard with injuries especially to our defence.

Lewis has come in and done a good job to backup Walker. Gomez is very raw but Cancelo is normally available 99% of the time and 75% of the time he is very good so its difficult to just go and buy another LB.

Ake is a dependable player who can thankfully play different positions and we have needed him this year with the injuries.

It is very difficult to balance a squad fighting for several trophies. Phillips we all hoped would be pushing Rodri and maybe even playing alongside him but again injuries have killed his season so far.

I agree to a certain extent but there is not many that we can buy that would improve our normal starting 11. We have been hit hard with injuries especially to our defence.

Lewis has come in and done a good job to backup Walker. Gomez is very raw but Cancelo is normally available 99% of the time and 75% of the time he is very good so its difficult to just go and buy another LB.

Ake is a dependable player who can thankfully play different positions and we have needed him this year with the injuries.

It is very difficult to balance a squad fighting for several trophies. Phillips we all hoped would be pushing Rodri and maybe even playing alongside him but again injuries have killed his season so far.
I think we are better placed than any other side to manage it. We already rotate far more than anyone else, I would just prefer to be rotating in players of a similar level to our 1st choices, or the player being someone like Lewis, who has the potential to be a mainstay in years to come. I mean we can rotate in the likes of Ake or Philips and they arguably do a job, but they’re hardly the future.

I will cut Philips some slack given the injuries since he arrived, but I would be amazed if he ends up as serious competition to Rodri. He just feels like another squad player to me, a position that Lavia could have filled for free.

Haaland and possibly Grealish aside, I cant think of anyone we have signed recently where they can either go straight into the side, or look like they have a genuine chance of dislodging the guy already in possession of the shirt. Some will look at Grealish now and say he wasn’t worth the money, but at least the club identified him as the future, showed conviction and went out and got him.

Teams don’t get better by consistently buying worse players than those already at the club. If we are going to spend, do it properly, sign the Bellinghams or the Gvardiols, they either go straight in, or are at the very least, similar level to whoever they would rotate with meaning the side isn’t significantly weakened by the rotation, as is the case now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.