Players who might improve us

Stones uniqueness is in his ability to switch from CB to DM flawlessly. De Jong can’t do that. Dimarco isn’t better than Aké. Mbappe is the only upgrade here.

Mbappe isn't happening for a start.

Wasn't De Jong at times playing the that same kind of role Stones is now at Ajax? Sure he's done similar for Barca too but I don't particularly think we need him or anyone else in those roles... It's good we keep a well grounded bunch in the squad Pep doesn't like too big a squad, only get big names if they fit our profile and aren't gonna be big headed otherwise it's unnecessary.

Chiesa has had injury problems but really would fit in perfectly with Pep's current tactics right now, we've been going for the more creative wide man/playmaker rather than total pace, but Chiesa can do a bit of both and is very versatile across the frontline.

I really like the thought of a move for him at this absolute bargain of a price we've been able to help players overcome their injury woes too, if available we should defo be interested even if Federico flopped... I still reckon we could easily recoup most if not all of that £35m figure mentioned.

With Madrid spending big and having quite a stacked midfield, wondering if Tchouameni or Camavinga might be sold.

With Madrid spending big and having quite a stacked midfield, wondering if Tchouameni or Camavinga might be sold.
Not with Modric & Kroos ready to draw their pensions soon.

Real will have some power & pace in the potential midfield of Tchouameni, Camavinga & Bellingham. Added to Valverde, they're set for the next 10 years.

If they add Kane too, Real will be ready to rock n roll. HOWEVER, the one thing Madrid don't have is a midfield schemer in the mode of Modric.

If they manage to acquire a world class schemer, it'll put Real in a seriously powerful position going forward.

Gutted we missed out on Bellingham, but in Pep & Txiki I trust to have a plan to start the succession planning for Gundog, KDB, Walker, Mahrez & Bernardo.

It's gonna be a major mission to replace that lot. It's why I can see Foden & Grealish moving centrally.

If we can acquire Rice, & Philips can begin to show the ability he did during the Euros 2 years ago, we should start looking at 2/3 young electric wide players with skill & pace to fill the wide spots.

Not with Modric & Kroos ready to draw their pensions soon.

Real will have some power & pace in the potential midfield of Tchouameni, Camavinga & Bellingham. Added to Valverde, they're set for the next 10 years.

If they add Kane too, Real will be ready to rock n roll. HOWEVER, the one thing Madrid don't have is a midfield schemer in the mode of Modric.

If they manage to acquire a world class schemer, it'll put Real in a seriously powerful position going forward.

Gutted we missed out on Bellingham, but in Pep & Txiki I trust to have a plan to start the succession planning for Gundog, KDB, Walker, Mahrez & Bernardo.

It's gonna be a major mission to replace that lot. It's why I can see Foden & Grealish moving centrally.

If we can acquire Rice, & Philips can begin to show the ability he did during the Euros 2 years ago, we should start looking at 2/3 young electric wide players with skill & pace to fill the wide spots.
Dont see pep changing from this setup any time soon, ball retention is everything, wingers lose the ball too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.