Players who might improve us

Koeman played Frimpong as a right-back in a 4-3-3 against Scotland, yet he admitted that he sees him now more of a right-winger than a traditional fullback. Last night, against Germany, Koeman played 3 at the back but with Dumfries out on the right instead. The latter is more similar to Walker in terms of physical presence, though arguably more of an attacking threat, too. If Frimpong is not a right-back, then would he bring enough to be a right winger or would Savio offer more?

If Frimpong is not a right-back, then would he bring enough to be a right winger or would Savio offer more?
This is the crux of the dilemma for me. I’m not sure if he is either. RB say’s defender to me and RW say’s forward for me. Maybe he is something in between a midfielder and we are stacked there with quality. Either way are there better RW’s and better RB’s, and I tend to think there are.

He fits how Leverkusen wants to set up. Not sure he fits in the current set up Guardiola has. Plus he may not have a big price tag on him now but if he gets linked to City expect that price tag to add another £10-£20m.

A 2nd choice keeper if Ortega leaves. Carson signs another year.

Would love to see Couto do preseason and even given a chance but suspect he'll go back to Girona for CL football.
Brathwaite looks like a serious target and would mean 8 defenders.

Kimmich is my dream signing. If not we still need a top quality CDM/CM. Bruno? Joao Palhinha? Or just Perrone?

Think Paqueta gets done. Alternatives; Wirtz? Eze? Olmo?

Winger. Well Savio is done, think he does preseason and back to Girona for CL like Couto.
Sane or Musiala. I've always loved Chiesa. Olise? Neto? Bakayoko?

So thats GK, CB, CDM, CAM, RW.

Cycensio Summerville - One of the best progressive runners and dribblers in Europe this season. Shades of Mahrez off this guy. He could easily be the next Neto or Grealish. Yes it would be a punt but I could easily see him going for double or triple what we’d pay now next summer.

After the Kalvin Phillips situation I wouldn't be in a rush to sign anymore Leeds players. Frimpong is not a bad call but it is just prising him away from Bayer Leverkusen is the trickiest part especially with Alonso staying for another season. Keeping an eye on who Bayern is going to move on is another option.

Last edited:
After the Kalvin Phillips situation I wouldn't be in a rush to sign anymore Leeds players. Frimpong is not a bad call but it is just prising him away from Bayer Leverkusen is the trickiest part especially with Alonso staying for another season. Keeping an eye on who Bayern is going to move on is another option.
I think for playing in a holding role under Pep it requires you to be really good on the ball. But with a winger there’s more room for improvement and nurturing. Maybe City is a step too far and we have Savio on the way. But was just making the point that I think this guy could be going for huge money next season and signing him this summer would save a lot of money on what he could cost once the prem tax gets added.

I think for playing in a holding role under Pep it requires you to be really good on the ball. But with a winger there’s more room for improvement and nurturing. Maybe City is a step too far and we have Savio on the way. But was just making the point that I think this guy could be going for huge money next season and signing him this summer would save a lot of money on what he could cost once the prem tax gets added.
I don't see Summerville as an improvement to what we have got.

I don't see Summerville as an improvement to what we have got.
Maybe not. I just think it could be a good investment but I suppose the club have done that with Savio. You could easily argue Summerville over signing Johan Bakayoko. Gives us more flexibility to push Foden into midfield.

Maybe not. I just think it could be a good investment but I suppose the club have done that with Savio. You could easily argue Summerville over signing Johan Bakayoko. Gives us more flexibility to push Foden into midfield.
We still have an academy for that and Leeds will really fleece us this time around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.