Players who might improve us

Both positions/players could be replaced via our academy,in the shape of Lavia and Palmer.
I can see Palmer replacing Mahrez long term, far more similar skill set than Raz.

Lavia is a few seasons away from being given a shot at backing up Rodri just yet. Its a key position in the system, I think they'll being one in if Dinho leaves end of this year. I'd love to see Lavia given a shot, but might be a bit too soon.

He has been used on the wings on numerous occasions.
When? Leipzig basically plays with a free flowing offensive with 3 playmakers behind Poulsen/ Silva. The other ones are more suited as a playmaking winger would be Forsberg ( who played it for Sweden , did it years for Leipzig and sometimes still does it) or Szobozlai who started as a LM for Salzburg. Nkunku is neither as fast as Sterling and he is also not a dribbler who gets past people via 1vs1. But then again it seems like we turn away from Players with pace.

I can see Palmer replacing Mahrez long term, far more similar skill set than Raz.

Lavia is a few seasons away from being given a shot at backing up Rodri just yet. Its a key position in the system, I think they'll being one in if Dinho leaves end of this year. I'd love to see Lavia given a shot, but might be a bit too soon.

Agree with your point on Palmer being more similar to Mahrez. Though if Sterling was to leave, I don't think they would sign another wide player; Sterling's predominantly featured for us as a striker this season and is low down the pecking order of our wingers at the moment (Grealish, Foden, Jesus and Mahrez all ahead of him).

That's where Palmer steps in for me personally, and Sterling's fee just gets reinvested into a proper number 9. Palmer will never fully break into the side unless we take a risk and don't replace a senior player. Similar to what we did when Silva left and Foden took a huge step forward.

The same applies to Lavia - he will leave if he's a few seasons away from breaking into the first team. Like McAtee, he is also on a contract until 2023, so we don't have leverage next summer. We either give him a signal of intent by giving him Fernandinho's place in the squad, or risk losing him if we decide to sign another £50m player to go ahead of him when we already have Rodri as our first choice.

Rodri, Gundogan and Lavia is plenty of depth in my book.

Strangely linked to Busquets in the round this morning. If Dinho were to hang it up, a short term fix for Lavia in the roation with him and Rodri in the #6 next season would be pretty decent, despite his age.

Lots of option with the contracts in 2023 and kids in the EDS. I could see Palmer replacing Mahrez or groomed to play a RCM role as Silva does currently, very technically gifted and a very clever player. Lavia is a hard one to call when he gets the nod to rotate permantely with it being such a pivotal and central position., you can really understudy at LM and move DMC later, like you can with LW/LCM & RW/RCM etc.

(I think Lavia & McAtee will both extend, THB, Palmer, Fiorini & Delap etc all have recently with the path as is, the rotational step up into 1st team training seems more frequent and the staff have steffed up to make this transisition easier going forward)

It sucks that Barcelona convinced Pedri to sign a contract until 2026 with a one billion euros release clause. He’s stuck there which won’t be the best for him. He could thrive here. Maybe after 2026...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.