Players who might improve us

I think Calvert Lewin is a decent striker and we would be improved by having the option of him or someone like him. We play incredibly well and score loads of goals without a striker, but there are some matches where the absence of one shows and we end up dropping points. We'd be better off for being able to bring on a solid finisher with good movement to occupy the opposition defence, giving other players more space to work in and being in the right place to get on the end of some of those balls into the box.

I understand the wish for a world class striker, and if we're going all out for Haaland or someone then obviously I'm on board, but if we can't or choose not to make that happen then I think a decent striker, especially one with Premier League experience, would be a sensible buy. We make a shitload of chances so we don't necessarily need some super-clinical beast to pounce on everything - much as we'd like one - just someone to whom that movement and finishing comes naturally would probably do it.

But if we are going down the route of just making sure we always have the option of a striker, rather than bringing in a superstar, I'd rather we work with what we have for a while first and see if that's enough. I think we've been unfortunate with simultaneous injuries to Torres and Delap as if either or both had been fit then by January we'd probably have a good idea as to if they're good enough to play that role right now.

I think what Peps got in mind is, he hope's that Ferran comes good when he's fit, I think that's what his plan is and have him as our striker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.