Players who should have played for City.

Effenberg. Turned us down. Did we sign bosvelt instead? Back in the day when I used to listen to talk sport for transfer rumours.

He was some player, really wanted him.

I also remember those shit phone number ceefax/teletext headlines like "Flo no go for Joe" phone xyz to find out more, Torre Andre Flo I'd have liked him too at the time.

Wasn’t there a mention of Ian Wright when he was at Palace?
Seem to recall when we contacted Palace Wright was already on his way to Arsenal.Would certainly have improved us, at times we were desperate for a strike partner for Quinn, Allen didnt seem to fit in, Heath didnt score and Sheron didnt fulfill his early promise.

Seem to recall when we contacted Palace Wright was already on his way to Arsenal.Would certainly have improved us, at times we were desperate for a strike partner for Quinn, Allen didnt seem to fit in, Heath didnt score and Sheron didnt fulfill his early promise.

It was a shame about Sheron, he just lacked a yard of pace and a more physical presence.

Probably one of those footballers who would more suit the modern game than the era he played in.

It was a shame about Sheron, he just lacked a yard of pace and a more physical presence.

Probably one of those footballers who would more suit the modern game than the era he played in.
Yes, he looked like he might go places in 92/3 but fizzled out, but as you say the game was different then.

Yes, he looked like he might go places in 92/3 but fizzled out, but as you say the game was different then.

Bit like Kinkladze in the respect that in the game back then there was not really a position for him. More standard 4-4-2 rather than false 9s, 10s or even like we have now a three played behind a front man. He got shunted from centre to right wing etc

I liked Sheron. We had a number of good players who were not quite good enough. I liked Fitzroy Simpson as well.

When you think about Coton, Brightwell, Curle, Henry, Vonk, Phelan, Lake, Simpson, Flitcroft, Lomas, White, Hughes, Ward, Quinn, Sheron, Allen, Reid and McMahon for experience and Edghill coming through, we could’ve had a great squad if the stars had aligned.

Effenberg was a target on a free transfer in the summer of 2002. I still had contacts in the club back then and believe that City really thought he'd sign but he ended up going to Wolfsburg. We took Marc-Vivien Foe on loan from Lyon instead.

Bosvelt came the next summer as a replacement for Foe after the latter's untimely death. City had been hopeful of clinching a permanent deal for Foe that summer, and, according to Robbie Fowler's autobiography, Foe told his teammates he'd be back for the following campaign. But there were other clubs looking to disrupt that deal and it's possible we could've been outbid.

In any case, it proved to be a moot point for the saddest of reasons. Bosvelt had been our top alternative to a permanent deal for Foe that summer, and following the latter's tragic death, we signed the Dutchman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.