Players who were talented but did not have the mentality.

Collymore.
Lee Sharpe.
Sturridge.
Collymore was such a great player and could use both feet too. He could have taken it to a while new level

For the life of me I couldn't work him out then or even now. He tried to distance himself from the spice boy image but boasted about shagging Roy Evans daughter and banging many women. Claims he was different to other footballers then batters Ulrika one

He's blamed most of his behaviour on mental illness but I still think he was a lazy wrong'un too

As a neutral I enjoy watching his old clips, so much talent and so many what ifs

Ronaldinho by a country mile on his day better than anyone ever

Rodney Marsh was one of the greatest talents I have ever seen and when he was up for it he was unplayable. Trouble is, he was also one of the laziest players I have ever seen, had a terrible attitude and was greedy. A tragic waste of talent.

Kinkladze the biggest waste of unbelievable God given talent I’ve ever seen. Would obviously have been easier for him today where you can’t get clattered much and the ball is played on the floor etc but still he should have achieved so much with that talent.

By not having the mentality... I'll include anyone who didn't fit in, whether for lack of effort, or constant disagreement with management or for whatever other inter-personal/self-esteem/lack-of-effort/etc. reason, and I'll restrict myself to City players over the past decade or so:

Tevas
Sane
Ballotelli

Last edited:
By not having the mentality... I'll include anyone who didn't fit in, whether for lack of effort, or constant disagreement with management or for whatever other inter-personal/self-esteem/lack-of-effort/etc. reason, and I'll restrict myself to City players over the past decade or so:

Tevas
Sane
Ballotelli
Tevas???

Tevas was arguably the top 3 or 4 player on the planet when in his prime... yet, at every club he went to, including his national side, he was at odds with management and ultimately left/wasn't played... or took up golf:-)

A hugely talented player with a motor - who sadly couldn't get along with management. He had the ability to be loved by all fans/play as first choice in any side he was in/and perhaps even win the Balon' Dior - but he didn't have the mentality to get along.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.