Players who would take my interest in the summer

wooders said:
in
Joe Cole, Fellaini, Higuain, Taiwo, Flamini, Subotic, Maicon
out
Toure, Petrov, Viera, Zabaletta, Sylvinho, Garrido, Ireland, etuhu, Jo, Benjani, bojinov, ceicedo

This is my opinion...
in
Joe Cole, Higuain, Flamini, Subotic,
out
Petrov, Viera, Sylvinho, Garrido, etuhu, Jo, Benjani, bojinov, ceicedo

Think Joe Cole is a cert. Wouldn't rule out Shawcross

the guy who only kept given in the squad made me laugh!

I think we need a new right back, possibly a new striker as tevez + Adebayor doesnt work and a creative mid, although id hate to give up on Ireland completely...

sensibly, Id predict

Modric - amazing vision, knows the premier league, a mean shot and has speed like sonic

Maicon - experienced, worked with Mancini before, knows the champions league

Defoe - Proven goalscorer, not spectacular, not foreign but does the job. He's not too similar in his playing to Tevez too so they could work together

I would bet on Javi Martinez from Atletico Bilbao, a Steven Gerard type of player. Much younger and a star of the future. I would be surprised if he doesn't land at City.
Maicon would be my second bet.
A central goal scorer would be my third bet, maybe Balotelli.

Out:

Robinho £20Million?
Viera FREE
Sylvinho FREE
Garrido £1Million
Etuhu £500K?
Jo £5Million
Benjani FREE
Bojinov £4-5Million
Caicedo £4Million
Onuoha £6Million - He's too good of a player to be sat on the bench every game, I'm sure someone like Fulham or Everton would be more than happy to have him.

In:

[Portsmouth] Kevin Prince-Boateng £4Million - Just hear me out. We don't want someone like Felliani, because; 1. Everton would take us to the cleaners as they did with Lescott, 2. We need someone who's had premier league experience 3. No doubt he'd come to us and 4. We need someone who's willing to fill in the gap until Johnno is fit.

[Fulham] Dempsey £8Million - He'd be a fantastic impact player for us, Fulham's best player easily.

[Chelsea] Anelka £7Million - Him himself has said that he loved his time here, as did we...we've missed him.

[Inter] Chivu £14Million - As good as Bridge is, Chivu is one of the worlds best and he's great at free-kicks also.

If 4th Place is achieved. Summer plan

Dzeko
Adebayor

Bellamy Tevez Angel Di Maria
Johnson Zarate SWP

NDJ Hamsik
Fellani Barry

Bridge Kompany Lescott J Boeteng
Toure Boyata Richards Zabletta

Given
Hart

This is assuming we need a squad to cover 4 competitions

In :- Edin Dzeko(end product + easily tough enough for EPL)
Zarate (cover for tevez position)
Angel Di Maria (gives us world class rightside speed)
Fellani (DF cover in mid)
Hamsik (would add class to link up play and could join attacking moves up whilst NDJ holds)
J Boeteng (skilled replacement RB).

Out :- Jo, Bojinov, Nedum, Robi, Taylor, Vieira, sylvinho, Weiss, Garrido, Petrov, Benjani any other dross.

Recall :- Hart

Try to keep whole squad happy by rotating based on form and rest crucial players (Tevez, Bellamy) during domestic cup runs.

Would need alot of money invested to achieve, probably more than was spent last year. By keeping the core players from this year it adds a bit of continuity to the team building, the risks are that Barry, Adebayor, k Toure and to a lesser extent SWP would not be happy with dropping down the pecking order.

recall: hart, logan
in: lahm (£15m), maicon (£20m), hamsik (£25m), higuian (£25m)/torres (£45m), pedro (£8m)
out: garrido (£2m), toure (£5m), robinho (£15m), bojinov (£8m), jo (£5m), caicedo (loan extention), taylor (released)
keep: vieira and sylvinho (keep on as coaches), bellers, tevez, given, RSC (injury prone but good as long as we don't need to rely on him)
academy hopefuls: tutte, ball, mak, trippier.
my intrest concluded

Keep
Goalkeepers Shay Given (IRL) Joe Hart (ENG)
Defenders Joleon Lescott (ENG) Wayne Bridge (ENG) Shaleum Logan (ENG) Nedum Onuoha (ENG) Micah Richards (ENG) Pablo Zabaleta (ARG), Vincent Kompany (BEL)
Midfielders Abdisalam Ibrahim (NOR) Adam Johnson (ENG) Gareth Barry (ENG) Patrick Vieira (FRA) Nigel de Jong (NED) Stephen Ireland (IRL) Michael Johnson (ENG) Shaun Wright-Phillips (ENG)
Strikers Emmanuel Adebayor (TGO) Craig Bellamy (WAL) Roque Santa Cruz (PRY) Carlos Tevez (ARG)

Sell/release
Stuart Taylor (ENG), Sylvinho (BRA)(maybe keep as a coach), Javier Garrido (ESP), Kelvin Etuhu (NGR) Valeri Bojinov (BUL), Felipe Caicedo (ECU), Jô (BRA), Benjani Mwaruwari (ZIM) Robinho (BRA) Javan Vidal (ENG), Martin Petrov (BUL), Kolo Toure (CIV) (unless he can prove himself)

Loan out
Greg Cunningham (IRE), Vladimir Weiss (SVK), Dedryk Boyata (BEL)

Buy
Javi Martinez - controls the game and still young
Maicon - Best right back in the world and very much attainable
Higuian(sp) - Going to be one of the best in few years. Must get if we can
Angel Di maria - Better option than ribery and can play on either wing.
Another top CB - Many options for this position and probably the most crucial to get right.
Philip Lahm - I'm not sure how happy he is playin LB but if he is he's one of the best on his day

Hugo Lloris
Emmanuel Eboué
Simon Kjaer
Leighton Baines
Arda Turan

----------Lloris----------
-Eboué-Kjaer-Lescott-Baines-
-----De Jong---Kompany----
Turan------Tevez-----Bellamy
-----------Adebayor--------

Whether we get into the top four or not, that's a side I would be very happy with come next season.

Neil McNab said:
Kuranyi, Marco Marin, Yassine Chikhaoui & Naldo.
any news on chikhaoui ?
been doing some investigation as to whether he`s still injuried ,but cant find any info.
love to see him in a city shirt providing he gets fully fit.

ps,still love city to sign d. villa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.