Players with the club at heart?

I would possibly have added Lampard to Chelsea's list.

For us blues, I dont really see anyone. I think they are a rare species.

Vinnie seems to say the right things and play with his heart on his sleeve. But I dont think he bleeds blue yet.

I think you'd be struggling nowadays to name any players with the club at heart.
Not like the old days when a number of ex City players to this day have an affinity with the club.
Agents have put paid to loyalty and love for one club I'm afraid, especially in the Prem.

KOMPANY!! all day gives everyone a bollocking when they aint performing should be captain over toure any day of the week

The player can love the club all they like but the fact is that if the club doesn't meet their aspirations then they will leave. I would like to think that SWP loves City, but when we were potential relegation fodder he moved to the current Champions to try to progress his career. Do you honestly think that Gerrard and Torres will stay at the red dippers if they don't make the Champs League? Ultimately they are all professionals and will do what suits their career best. Occasionally that will mean they are lucky and that they get to spend their entire careers at the club they love, but it is very rare and will become even rarer.

For me there is only 1 club who has players who have that club in their hearts, and that is our pauper-like neighbours over the Salford way. Scholes, Giggs and rat-face Chuckle. Rooney has united in his heart now, but as soon as taggart dies/retires, he will be off like a shot, probably to Spain or something with his new family, I know I would if I was him. Scholes and Giggs though, arguabely 2 of the finest players to grace the league in the last 15 years, 20 for giggs. Never once have they looked like showing any inkling they would leave, not even in the ealry-mid 90's when the Italians had the strongest league. They are united through and through. Actually, add Carragher to that list for the scouse. Not having Gerrard as he was close to selling out for Chelsea and although he didn't go, the fact he thought about he is enough for me to exclude him. SWP for us, went to Chelsea and rightly so as he has a few medals to his name now. Bellamy, yeah at the minute he's a blue but WHEN he moves on do you really think he'll care? No will be balls and why would/should he? 99.99% of footballers don't actually 'care' about the club they play for, as is shown with the false badge-kissing, an act I believe is tongue-in-cheek. Giggs and Scholes are an exception to the rule though, and can only be praised for that. (can't stand Chuckle so he can fuck off)

Think some people confuse professional pride, with having the club at heart.

I would guess only Stephen Ireland at present, a combination of coming through the youth ranks, an appreciation of where we have come from, and a strong affinity with the fans.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Think some people confuse professional pride, with having the club at heart.

I would guess only Stephen Ireland at present, a combination of coming through the youth ranks, an appreciation of where we have come from, and a strong affinity with the fans.

For the time being, but if he recaptures last seasons form and a Madrid or dare I say it, united come in for him, I think he would move on. I could be totally wrong there but he isn't a manchester lad and if a bigger club came in I would expect he would grasp that opportunity. Likewise if his form doesn't improve and he finds himself on the bench. A 'lesser' club or a club on a par, ala Villa, Everton, might come in and he might see the change as what he needs. Other than coming through the ranks though, I can't see what other link Ireland has with the club.

Pigeonho said:
For me there is only 1 club who has players who have that club in their hearts, and that is our pauper-like neighbours over the Salford way. Scholes, Giggs and rat-face Chuckle. Rooney has united in his heart now, but as soon as taggart dies/retires, he will be off like a shot, probably to Spain or something with his new family, I know I would if I was him. Scholes and Giggs though, arguabely 2 of the finest players to grace the league in the last 15 years, 20 for giggs. Never once have they looked like showing any inkling they would leave, not even in the ealry-mid 90's when the Italians had the strongest league. They are united through and through. Actually, add Carragher to that list for the scouse. Not having Gerrard as he was close to selling out for Chelsea and although he didn't go, the fact he thought about he is enough for me to exclude him. SWP for us, went to Chelsea and rightly so as he has a few medals to his name now. Bellamy, yeah at the minute he's a blue but WHEN he moves on do you really think he'll care? No will be balls and why would/should he? 99.99% of footballers don't actually 'care' about the club they play for, as is shown with the false badge-kissing, an act I believe is tongue-in-cheek. Giggs and Scholes are an exception to the rule though, and can only be praised for that. (can't stand Chuckle so he can fuck off)

Agree that Scholes Giggs and Chuckle do have the club at heart, but it has been easy for them. They have been playing for the club at a time of unprcedented sucsess, so what is the benefit of moving on, they were on top wages at a successful club. If the rags had been a mid table club then if a CL regular came in for them they would almost certainly have moved. It's easy to be loyal when things are going well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.