Players You Think Are Lucky To Make A Living From Football

I was reading an interview with Paul scholes not long back, he held a training session with stalybridge, he said the technical ability of those players wasn't much different to that of oldhams players who he has been watching all season. I've played with a lad for a while now, 8 a side outdoors, good kick about. He plays in the same league as stalybridge, centre half, decent player could probably go pro in league 1 or 2 etc.

He is a decent player, but I've played with better. I don't think these gaping gaps between levels are there, if you are good enough you are good enough.

Speaking of players who have made a career, without question Emmanuel petit

Speaking of players who have made a career, without question Emmanuel petit[/quote]

Emmanuel Petit?? lucky to be a footballer??

He only scored in the world cup final and was arsenal's best midfielder when we won the double.

I would say someone like Francis Jeffers, scored a couple of goal for everton at 18, and lived off it for the next 10 yrs, hopeless everywhere hes been, scored a tap in on his england debut to get himself a few more moves, but he had absolutely nothing. Completely talentless.

Nice lad though I met him once and he was shocked when I brought my camera out to take a picture with him. It looked much like he knew he was thieving a living.

Paul McShane has been mentioned a couple of times and with good reason.....quite possibly the worst PL player ever.

Others of note ....

Chamakh.....what did Wenger ever see in him

Bentner....ditto.....and how long is his contract with gunners ??.?...he seems to have been there robbing a living for years.

But one I still don't get how so many managers signed/picked him is Marcus bent.....a truly shocking forward.

Tony Adcock said:
Paul McShane has been mentioned a couple of times and with good reason.....quite possibly the worst PL player ever.

Others of note ....

Chamakh.....what did Wenger ever see in him

Bentner....ditto.....and how long is his contract with gunners ??.?...he seems to have been there robbing a living for years.

But one I still don't get how so many managers signed/picked him is Marcus bent.....a truly shocking forward.

Bendtner's contract runs out in the summer, finally, the sad thing is he will probably find another club. Some people just have it too easy, He wears number 52 because hes on 52k a week. If there is any justice he ll be wearing number 0 next season.

Emmanuel Petit!??

That and Dunne are the worst shouts on this thread.

I always get amazed at these older and just dreadfully out of shape guys being able to get Chinese or Middle Eastern or Australian clubs to pay them presumably good money - Robbie Fowler as recently as 2012 for example.

Maybe I'm wrong and these guys still have something to offer within context of their leagues.

proy said:
I was reading an interview with Paul scholes not long back, he held a training session with stalybridge, he said the technical ability of those players wasn't much different to that of oldhams players who he has been watching all season. I've played with a lad for a while now, 8 a side outdoors, good kick about. He plays in the same league as stalybridge, centre half, decent player could probably go pro in league 1 or 2 etc.

He is a decent player, but I've played with better. I don't think these gaping gaps between levels are there, if you are good enough you are good enough.

I was reading an interview with Paul scholes

Rag

Delusional.

Not a good mixture that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.