Player's you wished never joined Manchester City.

Personally I must say Anelka, but for different reasons than ability. We bought him, ( for what 12Mil?) then sold him for half that, and that at a time when we were struggling financially. Was not his fault, though, so I can't say I blame him for it. Just from a business side I wish he never joined to start with.

10.Goater_Legend said:
n_mcfc said:
Fowler.

Got nothing against the player himself, and I quite liked him at City, but, signing him pretty much prevented us from progressing and building on a decent first season back in the Prem.

The signing of Fowler led to the resignation of Bernstein. That opened the door for Keegan to bring in more shite players like McManaman, Mills, Thatcher, etc etc. The following season we had well too many players who became has-beens at City. Also, we had Anelka who was shit hot with Fowler up front which never worked yet Keegan persisted in playing them together. (Remember Belmadi and Anelka up front against Fulham? 4-1?! Then Keegan insisted on dropping Belmadi for Fowler for the next game against West Brom and we lost 2-1?) The signing of Fowler halted our progress by 2 years and eventually led to Keegan's resignation/sacking.
Spot on 100% mate, Anelka and Goater were making a brilliant partnership and Fowler forced the Goat out of the club due to lack of 1st team football. Also Wanchope and Anelka were awesome together, never worked with Fowler though. Although I must admit I got giddy when we signed him.

Your so right!! I couldn't put it better myself. I've nothing against Fowler or McManaman But it so didn't work for us and I hated the way KK left Goater out of the side. Keegan was going to play Fowler no matter what. I heard that managers get a payout with players that they sell on, or bring in and that's why they shift so many in and out, don't know how true that is.
I'm not that keen on MH bringing RSC and Bellamy in players he rates from his Blackburn days it doesn't always work.
Bob Taylor was a bad signing for us. imo.

Maverick said:
Personally I must say Anelka, but for different reasons than ability. We bought him, ( for what 12Mil?) then sold him for half that, and that at a time when we were struggling financially. Was not his fault, though, so I can't say I blame him for it. Just from a business side I wish he never joined to start with.

That was an odd piece of business and even worse to see notlob sell him for more a few year later.

cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.