Plaza cafe upper brooke st

Tuearts right boot said:
Christ....Charlies aka the Plaza cafe.That brings back memories.Once had a mixed grill in there for some strange reason and it came with a 'side order' of cabbage.Remember the water jugs where old vases,milk bottles,sample jars,not one chair matched nor did the table cloths.Rice was always cold and the curry came in a separate bowl.Happy daze.

never drank the water till the curry was finished if you did you had no chance of finishing the meal

Did anyone ever go in there when the Paddys came in for their Shiken dinner,
normally on a Sunday afternoon after the pubs had shut.
All pissed as fuck, mixture of people in there and they would see the Curry sauce and shout give me some of that Feckin gravy and then procede to spit it out as though the had been poisoned.
Funny as fuck or Feck

Whitworth Park said:
All pissed as fuck, mixture of people in there and they would see the Curry sauce and shout give me some of that Feckin gravy and then procede to spit it out as though the had been poisoned.
Funny as fuck or Feck

yep and was very funny lol

Whitworth Park said:
Funny as fuck or Feck
Lots of the hardcore Irish drinkers from Longsight/Ardwick/Leve/Medlock, along with the packs of feral Tinkers who were barred from most other places, used to go to the West Indian Club round the corner on Hathersage Road on a Sunday to carry on drinking. Suppose the Plaza wasn't far to stumble from there.

The Plaza sure brings back some memories from my student days. After a pub crawl we piled in to sample a chicken biryani. I wasn't brave enough to try a suicide but the one I had was still very hot. A bowl of fiery red sauce to pour over the rice and meat.

I remember vividly one of the waiters bringing two trays of food to the table and he had a lit cigarette sticking out of his ear, puffing away on it. I can only presume he had a perforated ear drum and could inhale through his eustachian tube..Nice trick.

Lived at wheat close, my bedroom window used to overlook the plaza cafe yard. Absolutely guarantee nobody would've ate there if they seen that first! Food stored outside and cutlery washed/stored in dirty water in plastic bowls. The ritz it wasn't! Was always busy at the weekends though and seen some sights as a kid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.