Please help..

nimrod said:
nwhn3 said:
nimrod said:
my son just went to South America for 6 weeks with 2 mates.... Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru & Columbia, I tried to talk him out of it but he no listen to Daddy, Im worried to death, please tell me he'll be ok :(

You can't seriously have posted on here hoping for reassurance. My guess is your likely to now hear that the only place worse than south America is hell itself. However I'm sure it will be a great experience, nothing like broadening your horizons

I was hoping that 1 or 2 on here would have spent some time there and enjoyed it...maybe reassured me that its not that bad.

When I was younger I went travelling all around Europe and lived in Israel for quite some time, my daughter who is at Uni has lived in he states and plans to go travelling as well. you can't wrap them in cotton wool, let them go with your love and blessing, it's only natural that you will worry about him, the benefits of seeing the world are far better than sitting on your backside dreaming about it

nimrod said:
nwhn3 said:
nimrod said:
my son just went to South America for 6 weeks with 2 mates.... Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru & Columbia, I tried to talk him out of it but he no listen to Daddy, Im worried to death, please tell me he'll be ok :(

You can't seriously have posted on here hoping for reassurance. My guess is your likely to now hear that the only place worse than south America is hell itself. However I'm sure it will be a great experience, nothing like broadening your horizons

I was hoping that 1 or 2 on here would have spent some time there and enjoyed it...maybe reassured me that its not that bad.

A few of my mates flew out to peru just before new year travelling through south america come back in march, imsure your lad will be fine, some of the finest marching powder hes ever likely to try in those places buddy

I'm dreading the day I hear 'Dad, I'm going to Lllandudno with the girls on a hen night' so I can understand your anguish.

I've got 14 years at least to wait for that though.

nimrod said:
nwhn3 said:
nimrod said:

If your son is as naive as you then he's fucked. (read my location)

I'm sure he's more streetwise than you and will have a great time.

Lucky lad. Ask him to bring some coke back .......sniff.

Ducado said:
nimrod said:
nwhn3 said:

When I was younger I went travelling all around Europe and lived in Israel for quite some time, my daughter who is at Uni has lived in he states and plans to go travelling as well. you can't wrap them in cotton wool, let them go with your love and blessing, it's only natural that you will worry about him, the benefits of seeing the world are far better than sitting on your backside dreaming about it

Many thanks for that Ducado

nimrod said:

Depends how 'streetwise' he is. I live in Bolivia and it can be very dangerous; tell him not to be a hero if he gets mugged and to be very careful on bus journeys. If he wants any advice on Bolivia let me know.

One of the members on here has just traveled around South America and I'm sure he can give you some reassuring advice (if he's survived that is LOL)

Oh yeah the blue is called pee dubya

nimrod said:
He will be on telly soon claiming he didnt no the stuff was in his bag he will star in Banged up Abroad

A friend of mine was travlling around South America for 6 months earlier this year. Near the end of his trip he was in Ecquador where one night he was accosted by 2 men: one was a police officer and another was in plain clothes. They bundled him into their car and took him to the nearest cash point whereupon they forced him to withdraw all his remaining funds (about £100). They then returned to their car never to be seen again and my friend had to spend the next week selling vegetarian sandwiches on the streets of Quito to make enough money to get himself to Lima where he was flying back from. Had a right blast meeting people and hitchhiking along the way.

The robbery was a bit scarey, though . . . .

citysquire said:
A friend of mine was travlling around South America for 6 months earlier this year. Near the end of his trip he was in Ecquador where one night he was accosted by 2 men: one was a police officer and another was in plain clothes. They bundled him into their car and took him to the nearest cash point whereupon they forced him to withdraw all his remaining funds (about £100). They then returned to their car never to be seen again and my friend had to spend the next week selling vegetarian sandwiches on the streets of Quito to make enough money to get himself to Lima where he was flying back from. Had a right blast meeting people and hitchhiking along the way.

The robbery was a bit scarey, though . . . .

Quite a popular scam that, wouldn't have been a real police officer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.