Please help..

Ovo said:
You'll never see him again. Unless of course you do the right thing and book a flight out and follow him around without him knowing you're there.

Get Liam Neeson on it. If your son's an attractive, teenage american girl then he'll be sure to get him back.

My friend, who's from Brisbane, has just been on a tour of South America. Came back the other week and said he had an amazing time, no incidents, just great memories.

leipzigblue said:
Let the lads enjoy the experience. It's not every day you get the chance to go to the other side of the world and discover new cultures and make new friends. I guarantee you that he'll come back buzzing about the trip and he'll have a different, more mature outlook on life.
And is it really more dangerous than a Manchester taxi rank queue on a rainy Saturday night after the clubs have shut?

ever heard of thomas cook?

Unless he does something silly, he'll be alright. The places he'll be going, there are a lot of other tourists there, the vast majority have no real problems. For 6 weeks, there's a decent chance someone will try and nick something from him at some point (most of the time scams/pickpocket/bag snatch etc), but if he has a bit of common sense then it's unlikely he'll be in much danger.

I was there for 8 months and only once did i feel in any actual danger, and even then i was still in control of the situation.

It was easily the best time of my life so far!

And i agree a bit of spanish will make his experience a more enjoyable.

de niro said:
leipzigblue said:
Let the lads enjoy the experience. It's not every day you get the chance to go to the other side of the world and discover new cultures and make new friends. I guarantee you that he'll come back buzzing about the trip and he'll have a different, more mature outlook on life.
And is it really more dangerous than a Manchester taxi rank queue on a rainy Saturday night after the clubs have shut?

ever heard of thomas cook?

The famous explorer who met an untimely death at the hands of the Barsezi tribe in Peru?

What of him?

Oh Bad timing this: My mate just rang me, seems he got a taxi last night and the driver 'tasered' him and robbed him. He was off to his families house and had £2 on him (the taxi fare) Tell your son to always sit in the back of a taxi behind the driver.

smudgedj said:
nimrod said:
my son just went to South America for 6 weeks with 2 mates.... Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru & Columbia, I tried to talk him out of it but he no listen to Daddy, Im worried to death, please tell me he'll be ok :(

Depends how 'streetwise' he is. I live in Bolivia and it can be very dangerous; tell him not to be a hero if he gets mugged and to be very careful on bus journeys. If he wants any advice on Bolivia let me know.

One of the members on here has just traveled around South America and I'm sure he can give you some reassuring advice (if he's survived that is LOL)

Oh yeah the blue is called pee dubya

Cheers smudgedj, thats great mate, I'll tell him those things, its great theirs someone on here has this experience of SA, its what I was hoping for. I might PM pee dubya and ask for his advice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.