--------v---^----------------v----^---
--------v---^---AJ>>Silva---v----^---
--------v---^---v-------^-----v---^----
--------v---^----v------^------v---^----
--------v---^--Bal<<Dzeko--v---^----
--------v---^-----------------v---^----
--------v---^<<<<<<<<<<<--^---
-------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>----

Jesus. I'd be worried if Mancini drew that on the tactics board.

Anyway, I think he'll play his normal 451/433 formation;

------------------Hart-----------------
Richards--Lescott------Kompany--Zaba-
----------De Jong-----Yaya------------
--Johnson--------Silva---------Balotelli-
-----------------Dzeko----------------

I've always been against Mancini being defensive but to be honest, I'd settle for him doing it on Saturday considering the context of the game. I wouldn't mind seeing De Jong, Yaya and Barry all together in the midfield to try and pack it out.

Moo! said:
How would Yaya and de Jong win the midfield battle ?

Johnson and SWP are not the greatest defensively, which should be a must as i doubt any City fan would like seeing Nani one on one with Zabaleta and Valencia one on one with Kolarov.

Disagree. Despite SWP's lack of form when he's been given the chance he's s good tackler defensively and has not lost this trait to his game. It's Wembley, it's a cup game, he'll still play for the shirt.

-------------------Hart-----------------
Richards---Kompany---lescott---Zabaleta
-----------------De jong----------------
--SWP------------Yaya----------Barry--
------------------Silva------------------
-----------------Balotelli----------------

Bench: Taylor, Kolarov, AJ, Milner, Dzeko, ?,? (If you get 7 subs in the cup)

Start with this setup. It's there to provide support when attacking and to negate their counter attacking wingplay. If they load the midfield Barry & SWP tuck in. Barry has to get the lead out of his boots but it's where he plays best for England. Silva is in a free role and I put Balotelli in because he's harder to mark than Dzeko (could be fireworks with Vidic though).

AJ is on the bench, ready to wreak havoc in the 2nd half and to counteract any changes that Baconface makes. It also allows Mancini to make tactical changes 'on the pitch' with these players, which he generally doesn't tend to do too much and sticks with his own way before making substitutions 10 minutes too late. It also allows the positioning of the front 5 to be quite fluid- just go and play football and keep them guessing at the front!

This is our best option IMO and gives best of both worlds attacking and defending

Carver said:
Moo! said:
How would Yaya and de Jong win the midfield battle ?

Johnson and SWP are not the greatest defensively, which should be a must as i doubt any City fan would like seeing Nani one on one with Zabaleta and Valencia one on one with Kolarov.

Disagree. Despite SWP's lack of form when he's been given the chance he's s good tackler defensively and has not lost this trait to his game. It's Wembley, it's a cup game, he'll still play for the shirt.

Start with this setup. It's there to provide support when attacking and to negate their counter attacking wingplay. If they load the midfield Barry & SWP tuck in. Barry has to get the lead out of his boots but it's where he plays best for England. Silva is in a free role and I put Balotelli in because he's harder to mark than Dzeko (could be fireworks with Vidic though).

AJ is on the bench, ready to wreak havoc in the 2nd half and to counteract any changes that Baconface makes. It also allows Mancini to make tactical changes 'on the pitch' with these players, which he generally doesn't tend to do too much and sticks with his own way before making substitutions 10 minutes too late. It also allows the positioning of the front 5 to be quite fluid- just go and play football and keep them guessing at the front!

This is our best option IMO and gives best of both worlds attacking and defending

I'll bet you 500 pounds that he doesn't start SWP on Saturday, and that Barry will not start a game as a left winger for the rest of his career

Hope he starts
Hart
richards kompany lescott zabba

silva dejong kolarov

johnson yaya

Dzeko

subs swp/balo/milner

hgblue said:
ST Coleridge said:
The training report seems to suggest that he might go with both MB & ED...

MR....VK....JL....AK
........ND...GB
....DS....YY...MB
............ED

I really, really don't want to see the Nani/Kolarov contest. Might have to close my eyes when the ball goes to Nani.

Worse than that, it will probably be Valencia who is up against him, Nani will probably play from the left.

Rammy Blue said:
hgblue said:
I really, really don't want to see the Nani/Kolarov contest. Might have to close my eyes when the ball goes to Nani.

Worse than that, it will probably be Valencia who is up against him, Nani will probably play from the left.

Johnson and Richards on the right
Zab and Kolarov on the left

Surely that would keep them quiet.

Shaelumstash said:
Carver said:

I'll bet you 500 pounds that he doesn't start SWP on Saturday, and that Barry will not start a game as a left winger for the rest of his career

You won't bet me 500 notes Shaelum, I know he won't start SWP, I think he just likes to see him running up and down the touchline with a yellow bib on, it's my opinion that he should start though. What makes you think I've got Barry in on the left wing? He's an old fashiond left half, with Zaba behind him he can have a go at Carrick in the middle and he's also there to support Silva on the left side. SWP will be more attacking though. I would have played Milner or Kolarov (worked against Notts Co?) but neither of them deserve a place due to their poor poor showing at Anfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.