Please Play 4-4-2 On Saturday City

Didsbury Dave said:
waspish said:
I agree with you in part! But our team are not at that level yet! To play like we did at the Sunderland game! Against to be honest(I hate to say) a winning machine that know how to win big games! Consistently over the last 20 years! We a can't go out and play an attacking formation! I feel we will get murdered!

It doesnt have to be either. It needs a balanced team which is solid and can score goals. That's what they will pick against us.

Of course they will! They have had the squad to Gell longer than us!
There team----

Van da sar
Rafael
Rio
Vid
Evra
Val
Fletcher
Carrick
Scholes
Nani
Berbaflop

Iis a ticky one personally i agree with the op we need to attack down the wings but who do we play there for me swp isnt up to it a j has to play so who do we play on the left milner kolarov or maybe silva i would go with silva left a j right yaya behind dzeko and either milner or barry alomgside de jong.
1.gk hart
2.r.b.richards
3.lb zabaleta
4.cb kompany
5cb.lescott
6.defmid de jong
7.def mid milner
8.right wing a.johnson
9.left wing d.silva
10 str dzeko
11.y.toure.att mid

subs. g.barry s.w.p boyata.kolarov ballotelli.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Uber Blue said:
I know Kolarov is out of fashion but i'd go with:

Hart
Richards......Kompany......Lescott.....Zab
De Jong
Aj......Milner.....Silva.....YaYa.....Kolarov
Balotelli

We tried him in this role at OT and he got taken off. It just didint work for me. Problem with Kolorov in this position is that he wastes possession too often by taking pot shots from 40 yards. Against United we cant afford to give possession away so easily.

I know what you mean but I think if Mancini can instruct him to concentrate on on passing to his own players rather than shooting all the time it may be a goer.

waspish said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You think like your hero, which is why he may play this side.

I'd question the logic of playing an attacking player because of his defensive abilities, personally.

Hahaha........

You can lose a game in a first half! You can't win it! If we go 1-0 up it wouldn't bother the rags one bit! If we go 1-0 down I feel it'll be hard for us!
But surely you then can't lose a game in the first half, if the other team cannot win it?

Uber Blue said:
We tried him in this role at OT and he got taken off. It just didint work for me. Problem with Kolorov in this position is that he wastes possession too often by taking pot shots from 40 yards. Against United we cant afford to give possession away so easily.

I know what you mean but I think if Mancini can instruct him to concentrate on on passing to his own players rather than shooting all the time it may be a goer.

cant see kolarov playing to be honest

Didsbury Dave said:
waspish said:
I went for Milner because defensively he's far better! Bring AJ on in the second half! he's still more of an impact Player for me!

You think like your hero, which is why he may play this side.

I'd question the logic of playing an attacking player because of his defensive abilities, personally.

Can UTD play through the middle - no...

They only score from the wings - stop the wingers and we beat united - playing silva/balotelli on the left would be a complete disaster. Valencia + Rafael/O'shea consistently 2 on 1 on Kolarov.... great

Uber Blue said:

user blue is that aj or milner in your team line up?

birchwoodgingerste said:
Uber Blue said:

user blue is that aj or milner in your team line up?

Sorry, meant to put a / between Aj and Milner. I'm undecided as I think AJ is better with 30/35 minutes to go. Milner hasn't really been effective out on the right but he offers us more in defence.

Didsbury Dave said:
waspish said:
I think it's not about creativity! I feel it's about parking the bus keeping the ball and working our asses off! And hope Bally does some magic! A goal like the one against Wigan will do me in the 96 minute!

Without creativity how are we going to win the game then? Hang on for penalties? Against United? If ever there was a team drilled to beat defensive teams it is them.

To be honest, I just want us to win - anyhow.

I actually don't care if we win through a lucky penalty, deflected shot, shocking refereeing dcision (fat chance!), penalties, whatever.

I think that we have to win the midfield battle and dominate midfield - that means packing it with players.

The likes of Nani, and Hernandez must be given zero space and marked tightly.

Berbaflop will be on the bench - he can gaze across at AJ, the other impact sub on the day.

For this game, I do not care how boringly or defensively we play, how slow our build-up is, as long as we win.

A terrible 0-0 draw (like at Eastlands) after extra time, with us going trough on penalties will do me - Hart or De Jong to smash in the winning penalty.

In the last derby, we lined up thusly -

MR....VK....JL....PZ
........JM....GB
DS........YY.......AK
............CT

And it was alright, we had chances but fell behind. By the 60th minute we looked like this...

MR....VK....JL....PZ
........YY....GB
SW.......CT.......DS
............ED

We injected a wee bit of urgency and got the equaliser, and were dominating the midfield and possession.

United lined up -

JO....CS....NV....PE
........PS....DF
Na........An......RG
...........WR

And when it went to 1-1, they also introduced a striker -

JO....CS....NV....PE
........PS....DF
Na........WR......RG
...........DB

I can't advocate a 442 for this game - the Scum are going to start with one up front, so we have to too. Silva, Yaya and Johnson behind Dzeko would do me fine, to be honest, and I'll be disappointed if Milner is brought in for AJ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.