PLEASE, PLEASE don't call him SPARKY

allyboy said:
Now , now idiotboy (you started it)
I think you'll find the rag filth named him that, if you'd taken the care to read the OP properly.
That makes it a rag nickname.

Couldn't give a fuck who else call it him after.

rag filth = his schoolboy friends in Wrexham?

by most accounts (except yours) that's where it comes from. (yeah i googled him a lot when Frank signed him.)

It is commonly thought that Big Ron coined his nickname "Sparky", intending it ironically. Hughes puts me right on this. "It was from school, where all the lads were named after comics. One lad was Beano, and I was Sparky. Unfortunately it followed me to United, because I played against a lad for Wrexham Schools who United signed. But Ron certainly kept it going." (source article, from The Independent)

I agree too many rag conertations every time I hear it used I think back to the rags singing his name ! for me it will have to be leslie and even that sticks a bit if I'm honest just because the cockneys called it him as well dosn't make it ok most of them are closet rags anyway !

Maybe, just maybe he likes the name Sparky, i certainly have no problems calling him that.
Then again, im not a bitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.