Please please please no whingeing about the Juventus crowd

Blue Mooner said:
The irony of it all is that it will be these exact bluse that will be screaming blue murder as if its the most important thing in the world if we don't win and get knocked out.

We may well lose, but we certainly can't get knocked out by losing this one.

Also I think you may have missed a season, the one where we got the quarter finals and played Hamburg.

Its a good game to have, and I'm looking forward to it, but don't make it bigger than it really is, its our biggest game in europe for nearly 18 months, and we can probably lose both games against Juve, and still go through.

Blue Mooner said:
Soulboy said:
Excellent post.

And sums up my thought processes at the moment.

This is possibly my last season of spending money on meaningless games when I can watch them at home instead.

Europa League not much better than the Carling Cup !!? What planet are you on.

Apart from a short foray to Groclin and Lokeren under Keegan I've been waiting all of my City supporting life to watch glamour ties in Europe. Call it what you want its f'in Juventus we're playing ! I've got the 1976 programme from shortly after I was born which was the last time we played Juve !

All you're demonstrating is that you're not really bothered. That's fine you're allowed to not be bothered but I think its pathetic that we appear to have so many JCL's in our fanbase who appear to have forgotten how long we've waited for this type of game. Its general apathy.

The irony of it all is that it will be these exact blues that will be screaming blue murder as if its the most important thing in the world if we don't win and ultimately get knocked out of the group.

If you care about us progressing and there is nothing stopping you from going then as a true City fan you should be there.

I'll get a ticket for the final in Dublin.

If I've not got enough points, i've got loads of money anyway to buy one.

Soulboy said:
Blue Mooner said:

Apart from a short foray to Groclin and Lokeren under Keegan I've been waiting all of my City supporting life to watch glamour ties in Europe. Call it what you want its f'in Juventus we're playing ! I've got the 1976 programme from shortly after I was born which was the last time we played Juve !

All you're demonstrating is that you're not really bothered. That's fine you're allowed to not be bothered but I think its pathetic that we appear to have so many JCL's in our fanbase who appear to have forgotten how long we've waited for this type of game. Its general apathy.

The irony of it all is that it will be these exact blues that will be screaming blue murder as if its the most important thing in the world if we don't win and ultimately get knocked out of the group.

If you care about us progressing and there is nothing stopping you from going then as a true City fan you should be there.

I'll get a ticket for the final in Dublin.

If I've not got enough points, i've got loads of money anyway to buy one.

That made me laugh, but not in a sarcastic way, money talks!!

Blue Mooner said:
Soulboy said:
Excellent post.

And sums up my thought processes at the moment.

This is possibly my last season of spending money on meaningless games when I can watch them at home instead.

hold on a minute whats a true city fan in your eyes?and because i and other city fans choose not to go to games your saying we cant have an opinion?

i have been a Manchester city fan for over 36 years and from a child to my early 20's i would go to all the games i could but now though life's trails and tribulations i have not been able to go for well over 12 years so does that not make me a true fan anymore?

cleavers said:
Blue Mooner said:
The irony of it all is that it will be these exact bluse that will be screaming blue murder as if its the most important thing in the world if we don't win and get knocked out.

Also I think you may have missed a season, the one where we got the quarter finals and played Hamburg.

Its a good game to have, and I'm looking forward to it, but don't make it bigger than it really is, its our biggest game in europe for nearly 18 months, and we can probably lose both games against Juve, and still go through.

All the games count towards qualification, if we lose tomorrow it increases the chances of going out. That's the point (that perhaps I didn't make very well) ALL the games in the group could potentially be the game that sees us getting knocked out. My point still stands it will be those exact same fans that can't be bothered to go tomorrow that will be throwing their toys out of the pram if we don't qualify. Frankly the hypocrisy stinks.

Irrespective that we had a great run last year my point still stands, 30 years of European wilderness and 'fans' can't be bothered attending. Pathetic.

I'm not nagging, god knows I don't expect people to forget about the CC, or prefer the Europa.

Not worried about the attendance either... Juve had a grand total of 20,607 for their league game against Palermo.

just on a technical note;

Winning the Europa league is worth very nearly as much towards our UEFA coefficient as winning the Champs League. We'd get something like 30 points. It's only a handful less for finishing as runners up.

Last year, English teams that dropped out at the Group Stage received around 11/12. Even getting to the Quarter Finals would probably reap 19/20 points, the semis 24/25. Inter won the CL and recieved 34.

The sum of your co-efficient for the last five years is used to decide which pot you belong in. At a very rough guess, if we went out in the group stages, we'd end up around 45-55 in the rankings next year.. finish in the final and we could easily be 25th. Every round in between could mean 5 places.

As the top 8 ratings range from 100-136, IF we had a really good campaign and reached the final (really big IF), we might very well find that in years to come the points we get this year make a huge difference to our draws in the group stages... that's IF we make it into them (another huge IF). As the maximum you can get is around 33 points, the key to reaching the top bracket seems to be getting 20+ points every year.

Assuming we qualify for the CL, and win any qualifying tie, which seeding pot we ended up in would depend on who else qualifies, and how well they've done this year.... but every match beyond the group stages from this year's campaign potentially brings a real boost for the next five years.

Rags, Arsenal, Chelsea are top 6, and always get easy draws in the group stages. One good team, one less good, one no-hoper. It's almost a guaranteed passage to the knock-out stages, meaning more money.... and as you get paid by the point in the league.... that kind of cash is key to making a good effort to satisfy the UEFA busybodies.

So, yep... I can see why the bigwigs would prioritise the Europa. I'm not saying I agree with them, that Carling Cup run might have been a turning point in our history... I'm just saying, I can see their point of view.

I reckon Mancini may be targeting this one. If we win, we will have six points, having beaten the two top rivals. Juve would be on one point. RBS would have a maximum of three but they still have to come to ours.... it'd be pretty hard to mess it up from that position. We'd have two easy-ish home games to wrap it up.

It might mean that Mancini could happily prioritise the league, maybe it even has a good effect when the FA Cup comes around, as the knock out stages don't come until February, and finishing places in the group determine the standard of team we draw.

leewill31 said:
Blue Mooner said:

hold on a minute whats a true city fan in your eyes?and because i and other city fans choose not to go to games your saying we cant have an opinion?

i have been a Manchester city fan for over 36 years and from a child to my early 20's i would go to all the games i could but now though life's trails and tribulations i have not been able to go for well over 12 years so does that not make me a true fan anymore?

Here we go ! I'm not judging anyone, I don't know your personal circumstances, you know what you feel for the club.

My point very simply is that if you are ABLE to go to the game (discounting work commitments, money, family etc etc) and if you choose not to then clearly you have to question those fans commitment to the club.

Its quite simple, if Thursday was the semi finals(a la the rags in the Carling cup) we would sell out - so enough fans clearly can make the games in those circumstances (even when taking into account everyone's mitigating circumstances) therefore it stands to reason that a number of fans (I don't know who they are) choose not to go to games like Thursday (even though every game is crucial to us progressing) therefore in my opinion there are fans who are more passionate about the club than others. Its no more complicated than that so don't take it personally !

Blue Mooner said:
leewill31 said:

Here we go ! I'm not judging anyone, I don't know your personal circumstances, you know what you feel for the club.

My point very simply is that if you are ABLE to go to the game (discounting work commitments, money, family etc etc) and if you choose not to then clearly you have to question those fans commitment to the club.

Its quite simple, if Thursday was the semi finals(a la the rags in the Carling cup) we would sell out - so enough fans clearly can make the games in those circumstances (even when taking into account everyone's mitigating circumstances) therefore it stands to reason that a number of fans (I don't know who they are) choose not to go to games like Thursday (even though every game is crucial to us progressing) therefore in my opinion there are fans who are more passionate about the club than others. Its no more complicated than that so don't take it personally !

You answer your own question!

"If Thursday's game was a semi final it would sell out..."

Exactly!

But it's not. So that's why it's not sold out!

Blue Mooner said:
leewill31 said:

not really taking personal its just i sometimes find it hard to understand how some worry themselves so much about other peoples personal choices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.